Alright I know this topic has been brought up numerous times, but after alot of searching I still cannot find a answer to my problem. My file free right now is 11521326 bytes free. This is after a battery pull as well. I've tried everything from clearing the log, memory cleaner, browser cache, everything. I only have 3 apps and thats Beejive, Weather, and Google earth. After letting the phone sit for a day its averages around 8-9mb. I see ppl here average around 20-40mb. what could be wrong? Btw my os is 4.5.0.99
    12-13-08 11:54 AM
    You could try using crackmem to remove files such as voice activated dialng, PTT, preloaded wallpapers etc..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

Also, do you have a media card installed? make sure all yur downloaded ringtones/wallpapers etc are saved onto the card and not the device memory.
    12-13-08 11:59 AM
    yea I have 2gig card, and everything is saved to it.
    12-13-08 12:04 PM
    Try crackmem then, also... close out the apps when you are not using them
    12-13-08 12:07 PM
    Do u have a lot of themes on your phone? I've noticed having more then 3-4 extra themes will really bring memory down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 12:07 PM
    yea everything is closed lol, and i have only 1 theme.

searched every possible solution but no good. is it a possible defective blackberry?
    12-13-08 12:14 PM
    No, i wouldnt say defective, it happens,

As I said, you probably have things on there you dont use/need, so why not remove them, with crackmem you can always put them back,

The solution, will be crackmem.
    12-13-08 12:16 PM
    What Operating System are you running? Go to Options, About and read the 3rd line down. If it starts with 4.2 then here's a couple of quick fixes.

Remember the whole number in case we need it again.

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and scroll down to the BlackBerry Sample Video. Press Menu and select Delete. You just got 2Mb memory back. Again check the File Free number. It should be getting bigger.

Repeat this and see if there are any installed languages that you are not using. Remove these in the same manner. You do not need to let the phone reboot each time. Just once at the end will do fine.

A number of users have suggestd tha you use CrackMem . A good idea since it is my program even though it is free. However before you can use it to remove modules from your phone, you need to download and install the current phone Operating System so that CrackMem has a reference.

So please try what I suggested above and see how you get on.

Come back here if you need a bit more help.

Have a look at this post too http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/. It is a very good tutorial on memory management.
    12-13-08 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD