Hi, my girl and I both have the 8530 with Sprint, and for some reason, her application memory is down to 68MB, while mine is up at 106MB... and I have way more apps on mine! Rebooting her phone doesn't help at all, and I just can't figure out why the difference is so big, since I do have a lot more apps than she does. We are both running the same OS, the new .654 OS. I do have BerryJoose memory cleaner, but I wouldn't think that would make such a big difference. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by yogi2000; 05-23-10 at 12:15 PM.
    05-23-10 12:11 PM
    05-23-10 12:26 PM
    How many themes does she have? Does she delete her old text messages? call logs?
    05-24-10 12:30 PM
    Remember to enable Mass Storage, or you will put your memory/performance to waste loading wallpaper's to internal memory.
    05-24-10 12:34 PM
    Definitely photos and vids will drain ya mem QUICK!! I was down too but moved pics and vids to mem ccard now I'm back to 105!!

05-24-10 12:39 PM
    We deleted all pics and vids(after backing them up of course), deleted most old emails, texts, and call log. All mass storage options are on/enabled, and still she's only at 74MB, with only a few apps on the phone. I can't figure it out... I mean, it's not like she's about to run out of memory or anything, but I have way more apps and more things going on, and I'm still at 106 MB. Could BerryJoose Mem cleaner be THAT efective? I asked her to enable her native Mem. cleaner, so we'll see if that helps. Thx for the replies

05-24-10 08:48 PM
    Media > Menu > Memory Use

Check Device Memory, how much it reads. Then go Details and see what kind of stuff she has on the device memory. That should tell you if there are still any media related stuff that shouldn't be in the device's memory.

I'd also suggest Media > Menu > Options and setting the Memory Limit to 5mb and doing a battery pull.
    05-24-10 09:21 PM
    Enable the Memory Cleaner feature under Security Features>Advanced Security. Enable ICON. It can be found under applications menu.
    05-24-10 10:07 PM
    what does setting the memory to 5mb do? And what about ICON? I didn't find ICON upon my initial glance, but I'm going to have a look again when the house is quiet!
    05-25-10 06:49 AM
    It forces the device not to go over 5mb of media-stuff in the device memory thus preventing you from wasting it all on pics-vids-songs.

Here's what flak means: Options > Security options > Adv. Sercu. Options > Memory Cleaning > Show icon in the home screen (this part could read something else, got m 8520 is Portuguese).
    05-25-10 09:23 AM

Check Device Memory, how much it reads. Then go Details and see what kind of stuff she has on the device memory. That should tell you if there are still any media related stuff that shouldn't be in the device's memory.

I'd also suggest Media > Menu > Options and setting the Memory Limit to 5mb and doing a battery pull.
    How do you check the Device Memory? Under Options - Memory it shows application memory and media card.

05-25-10 12:25 PM
    I imagine you didn't see this...
    05-25-10 12:45 PM
    Ah ok, I did see that but didn't know it was the same thing. Thx

We'll, she ran the on-board memory cleaner, and went from 74MB to 95, so that's not bad. Maybe if I put BeeryJoose on her phone, she'd get over 100. But anyway, gonna check her device memory when I see her in a bit. Thx for the help!

Last edited by yogi2000; 05-25-10 at 01:46 PM.
    05-25-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD