1) I have a blackberry social plan with telus. Which means its NOT technically a data plan, however I am able to use BBM, instant messengers, facebook, twitter, and myspace. Is it possible to ask telus to give me email APPS/icon so I could at least check my email with WI-FI, and not data?

2) My phone would randomly turn on even when its in sleep. It doesn't happen much though. Is this normal?

3) The profile icons in my twitter timeless are so SMALL. is this just me?
    08-12-10 11:12 AM
    1) I have a blackberry social plan with telus. Which means its NOT technically a data plan, however I am able to use BBM, instant messengers, facebook, twitter, and myspace. Is it possible to ask telus to give me email APPS/icon so I could at least check my email with WI-FI, and not data?

You can ask them. Not sure of their policies. You might want to ask this question in the Telus forum.

2) My phone would randomly turn on even when its in sleep. It doesn't happen much though. Is this normal?

Not sure what you mean. Are you getting an alert or a message and the screen comes back on?
    3) The profile icons in my twitter timeless are so SMALL. is this just me?

Which Twitter app do you use? I know UberTwitter lets you adjust the size of the icons, but it lets you see less text.
    Is the social plan like a student plan?
    Last edited by RWWackoStu; 08-12-10 at 12:11 PM.
    08-12-10 12:08 PM
    Is the social plan like a student plan?
    Im not certain what a student plan is like but I'm gonna assume yes.
    I realize blackberry needs a blackberry data plan to work, but the fact that I'm able to use BBM, facebook, etc but not internet access or email makes it unique.
    I'm also curious to how my plan works (not that im complaining, I just want to check email with wi-fi without using the browser).

BlackBerry® Social�*|�* Plans for BlackBerry�*|�* Plans�*|�* TELUS Mobility

^Notice how theres an email & IM option tab too. I chose the social

Not sure what you mean. Are you getting an alert or a message and the screen comes back on?
    2) The screen would randomly come on. Like a ghost unlocked my phone. It only happens a few times though. I always assume that its somebody calling me, but then immediately hangs up, but then I get no call log?

Which Twitter app do you use? I know UberTwitter lets you adjust the size of the icons, but it lets you see less text.
    3) I use RIM's twitter app. On screen shots i see on the web, the icons are larger. On my blackberry, its a few pixels smaller, which is a big difference
    Last edited by arikado; 08-12-10 at 01:15 PM.
    08-12-10 01:07 PM
    I would call Telus, but from reading the link you provided, there is no email involved.

Screen shots on the web may be different on each device. Check your options in Twitter for BB and see if you can change the size.

#2 is kinda wierd. You might want to check your auto backlight settings and do a battery pull. Also what version of OS are you running?
    08-12-10 01:42 PM
    I'm thinking it could be the auto on/off feature maybe. Did you set that feature at all? And I did have the telus social student plan. I had unlimited bbm and messenger. Unfortunately I couldn't use email. I already called telus before and they told me I needed a data plan. I do have wifi on my phone so I didn't really care much about email at the time. I just logged into my SAIT wifi service and checked my email through the site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-10 02:55 PM
    #2. My 8310 would do that when I 1st got it. OS update time for you.

About Wi-Fi email. Access the mobile versions of the services you want, or load BOLT and access the full HTML sites.

For pushed emails, you'd need Email + IM.

Oh, and BB Social IS a data plan. A limited one.
    08-12-10 03:01 PM
    Ahh, I see. So theres no way of getting the email BB app and just using the wi-fi. I'll contact telus soon or to the store the next time i go out. I know about the mobile and web versions, but it's nicer to have the actual email apps/icons on my blackberry.

Also, the random screen turning on thing has been happening with me for every update, including the latest one for me. This issue doesn't bother me, but I was just wondering if I was alone on this one.
    -As for the auto on/off,, both weekend and weekdays are disabled.
    -Automatically DIM backlight is on.

Thanks to all you guys
    08-12-10 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD