Hey everyone,

I recently lost the lock icon on my curve. Even in the show all options.

I've tried taking the battery out and putting it back in.

Anyone else have any ideas on how to get it back?

its an 8310

Thanks
    05-08-08 07:53 PM
    so no one has any input?
    05-17-08 05:27 PM
    I have the same problem with my new 8310. Show All does not show the lock icon nor is it in the Application folder.
    How do you get the Lock icon to display ?
    05-27-08 06:16 PM
    hmmm, that's so weird.

If you disable dialing from the home screen and push k does that bring it up?
    Or if you set one of your side keys to lock and try pushing it. . . maybe that will make the icon show on the screen.
    05-27-08 06:20 PM
    Show all not working?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 06:21 PM
    I lost my calendar icon also -- did the same stuff to get it back -- "show all", took out battery...to no avail..
    05-27-08 06:23 PM
    Try changing your theme, then changing it back to the one you lost your icons on..

If that don't work download and install your handheld os from your carriers website and then reload it to your BB..

If all else fails..looks like a device wipe may be in order..

05-27-08 06:29 PM
    Thanks for the help.
    I changed theme from ATT and the Lock icon is actually on the desktop of others. Changing back to ATT theme and it is gone again.
    Show All does nothing to reveal it either.
    Disable dialling from home screen and press K = locks the device, but the Lock icon is still not there.
    Powered off, battery + sim out = Lock still not there.

I prefer to have dialling from the keyboard, so for now, will set the fast key on right hand side to lock the device. Until I can find the solution.
    05-27-08 07:20 PM
    Any other suggestions? I too somehow deleted that icon...
    02-11-09 11:25 PM
    Look in the folders on your icons page. It's possible you accidentally dropped it in one of them.

02-12-09 01:31 AM
    Hi. I had the same problem--not sure what happened.
    Went to Options, then Themes, then changed the theme. Exited back to the home screen. I then went back into Options, then Themes, and selected my original theme. Once that Theme showed as "Active", I highlighted it and hit the menu button (left of the trackball). On that menu, I selected the "Reset Theme Defaults" option. This brought back the lock icon (and would bring back others).

Note: it warns that you may lose folders; and if you hid a bunch of icons from your screen, it will be showing all icons again--so you'll have to redo that. But the lock icon is back.

Hope this helps.
    05-13-09 04:19 PM
    Same thing happens with me!! I cant find my lock icon... I even did wipe, went back to my original theme, Show all etc.. its lost..
    12-09-10 02:34 AM
    Did you do a Security wipe or a Os wipe? Don't think a security wipe will put missing COD files back in the bb. On my 8330 with "dial from home screen" Off I can press and hold the A key or press the L key and they will lock. Pressing and holding the top left soft key puts it into Standby which I prefer. Did you look in your Docs to go folder? Any other folders it could have accidentally been moved to?

12-09-10 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD