After rebooting my 8900 I lose all my saved information like my sign-in to CrackBerry and B of A. Is this happening to anybody else? Have you been able to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 10:00 PM
    Are you selecting remember me when logging in? What's A and B?

08-09-09 10:18 PM
    B of A is bank of america. I'm guessing
    08-09-09 11:06 PM
    Yer cookies are not saving.
    08-09-09 11:19 PM
    Yes, I'm doing remember after each time. (And yes, B of A is Bank of America)

I can see that they're not saving. My question is if it is happening to anybody else and how to fix it?

08-10-09 01:33 AM
    Yes, it happens to me if I do a battery pull. The fix is to use quickpull to reboot and the cookie cache will remain untouched.

08-10-09 02:07 AM
    Actually, it also happens to me if I use quickpull too.

08-10-09 02:15 AM

Burn!
    08-10-09 02:18 AM
    B of A will NOT leave cookies to re-login. Its a security risk. No major bank will leave a user login cookie or breadcrumb for that matter with no expiration.

08-10-09 07:06 AM
    B of A will NOT leave cookies to re-login. Its a security risk. No major bank will leave a user login cookie or breadcrumb for that matter with no expiration.

Good point lazerus... Blackberry is all about security and I'm pretty sure banks should be as well.

OP, you might consider clearing your cache... it might be full and your BB is just clearing out the oldest stuff, which in this case might be some of your cookies for CB... try this out and then sign into CB, then do a battery pull to test.
    08-10-09 07:20 AM
    I just ran quickpull and BB browser did not lose my cookies for CB or the other forums I participate in. I'm using the current release of quickpull and OS .250.
    08-10-09 10:34 AM
    I just ran quickpull and BB browser did not lose my cookies for CB or the other forums I participate in. I'm using the current release of quickpull and OS .250.
    Just razzin ya zwood.

OP, you might consider clearing your cache... it might be full and your BB is just clearing out the oldest stuff, which in this case might be some of your cookies for CB... try this out and then sign into CB, then do a battery pull to test.
    I think Fatboy is right. Its either the cache is full or something is otherwise going on with it. I would definitely give clearing it all a shot and see what that does. My cookies stay in place when I do a battery pull.
    08-10-09 11:23 AM
    B of A will let you save your sign-in to log on but you still have to go through the password security.

I had the 8820 and didn't have this problem and from the feedback I'm getting I seem to be the only one with this problem.

I will try to clear the cache and start from scratch and see what happens.

08-10-09 02:13 PM
    I cleaned the cache and reentered sign-in info and rebooted and everything is working now. Thanks for the help.

08-10-09 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD