Thanks BGR!

It's been reported in the past that the much anticipated and rumored BlackBerry 8330 will be the convergent device for all of the features we long to have for our Curve devices - GPS and Wi-Fi under the hood. Well, unfortunately, it seems that new information has surfaced that leads us to believe that we will not receive GPS in the Curve series.

With our newly obtained information, it appears the BlackBerry 8330 will be another World Edition device that will eventually find it's way to CDMA carriers, such as Verizon, Sprint and Telus. If and when it actually finds it's way to market, this will likely be the third CDMA+GSM hybrid device from Research In Motion, joining the 8830 and 8130 (unreleased) with this world-traveler functionality.
    06-16-07 03:04 PM
    Anybody have an idea when Verizon might have the 8330?
    06-20-07 10:25 AM
    I have been told by my verizon rep that a new blackberry(s) will be coming out sometime around november. Unsure if it will be the curve, pearl 2 or both
    08-23-07 09:47 AM
    A rep told me that the VZW 8330 will drop mid to late April 08 and will NOT be a world device. Domestic only.

03-24-08 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD