View Poll Results: was this easy to understand

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 66.67%
  • no

1 33.33%
    So when i go to use my MSN messenger it works if i'm using the windows live WAP version but if i go and try to use the downloaded version for my BB8310 it always gives me an error saying unable to send message. i'm able to recieve messages though. I've called tech and they say msn is trying to block me from using it b/c i'm not paying a msf. i call BS on this one as my friend with another canadian provider and a bb is able to use it fine and not be charged any extra for it. can any body give me some tips on how to fix this please
    09-27-08 10:17 AM
    Ya I keep running into this issue as well. Its off and on, but I still haven't figured out what causes it.

Its starting to get annoting. I'm thinking of trying jivetalk as an alternative.

Sorry I couldn't help, I'm in the same boat as you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 10:53 AM
    At least i know now that i'm not the only one and i agree it is annoying especially when not everyone has bb and you just need to quickly msg ARRRGGGHHHH
    09-27-08 10:55 AM
    Mine does this too- my take on it is this: MSN doesn't refresh ALL THE TIME...take a look...if you're on the subway or something everytime the device tries to send data MSN should realise it can't connect but it doesn't cause it isn't trying to connect. Then once it does it realises belatedly that it can't connect.

So two things I've done that seem to make it less frequent:
    make sure your APN settings are set...I forget where they are, I know it's internet.com for Rogers but my BB is currently updating to 4.5 so I can't look it up for you. Just search Rogers APN settings.

Two- uninstall and reload. For some reason this seems to fix it quite well.
    09-27-08 02:45 PM
    The APN settings are in OPTIONS>>ADVANCED OPTIONS>>TCP.

As Lana mentioned, the APN should be set to "internet.com".

Username: wapuser1
    Password: wap

Note these are for Rogers ONLY.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by myt_mouse; 09-28-08 at 09:48 AM.
    09-28-08 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD