Using logicmail and so far i'm able to receive all messages. Can't seem to get outgoing working though. Any thoughts?

Settings are as follows:

Incoming server setup...
    Protocol: POP
    Incoming server: pop3.live.com
    SSL: yes it is checked
    Port: 995
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: xxxxx
    Use MDS Proxy: yes it is checked
    Outgoing server: SMTP

Outgoing server setup...
    Protocol: SMTP
    Server: smtp.live.com
    SSL: yes it is checked
    Port: 25
    Authentication: Login
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: xxxxx
    Use MDS Proxy: Yes it is checked

I receive all incoming emails, but it just sits when I try to send. No errors or anything. It just doesn't appear to be doing anything.

Thanks for your assistance!
    04-12-09 02:00 PM
    Anyone?

I know i have the server settings correct, but outgoing mail does not seem to work with hotmail. Has anyone gotten hotmail outgoing mail to work with logicmail? Incoming mail works great, but I can't really use the service since i can't reply to emails or make new ones and have them send out correctly.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    04-16-09 05:56 AM
    Found out Hotmail SMTP is not supported. I got a Gmail account and added hotmail to one of my gmail IMAP accounts. Hotmail won't let you forward to another account, yet Gmail can pull from Hotmail. Weird. Now I use Gmail as my main account and it can get my hotmail emails directly. Slowly phasing out Hotmail and sticking with Gmail because it is much more blackberry friendly.

So now I have FREE, wifi email on my blackberry with logicmail and FREE GPS thanks to MGMAPS (new version 1.4 available for BB's in the mgmaps forums now). I knew you could use a BB without a data plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you need a data plan, then great, get one. But DON'T tell everyone that they have to have a data plan with their BB because that's not true!
    Last edited by bobbodavis; 04-22-09 at 09:13 AM.
    04-21-09 02:10 PM
    Hotmail won't let you forward to another account
    Ah yes, Microsoft clearly believes in software diversity
    04-21-09 03:32 PM
    i tired your setting, however i cant get my e-mails pushed.

it said "unable to reopen connection"

its gonna be something wrong with my setting.

how do you know the Incoming server: is pop3.live.com

and

outgoing server is smtp.live.com ??

thanks
    05-02-09 04:22 PM
    Make sure you change anything settings in my post that have "xxxxxxx" with your actual hotmail acount name and password. I used x's cause i don't want to post my full email address in a forum thread.

Also, in logicmail, disable the anonymous login and ensure you have SSL checked and the right ports set up as listed above.

Keep in mind, with Hotmail you will only be able to receive email via POP3, but not be able to send any email via SMTP. You can thank hotmail for that. Hotmail SMTP does not work now that they are HTTP based.

Your best bet is to do what i did just get a gmail account. I didn't want to, but now I'm glad I did. Plus, even though hotmail won't let you forward your email to gmail, gmail will let you pull all of your hotmail email over to it so you don't have to lose anything.

Then you can setup Gmail on in logic mail. You could even setup hotmail for your Pop3 email and use Gmail for your outgoing SMTP, but that is kind of silly if you don't first use Gmail to pull your hotmail emails over.
    Last edited by bobbodavis; 05-03-09 at 09:47 AM.
    05-03-09 09:44 AM
    I would also like to us eLogicmail for my gmail smtp. I can receive (I am using Fastmail.fm for incoming) but I cannot send using the gmail imap smtp server. Logicmail just hangs with the message: connected to server.
    Can you tell me the settings you use for logicmail/gmail?
    thanks
    07-24-09 06:48 PM
    i couldnt get my hotmail to work till i used your settings, i use gmail as the outgoing server for hotmaik to reply
    account naim gmail
    server smpt.gmail.com
    ssl is checked
    user name (just user name no @gmail.com)
    password ******
    use mds proxy is not checked

i woild like to thank everyone for the excellent info
    08-18-09 04:03 PM
    A big thing people are forgetting is to make sure WIFI is on because if its not, it wont work. The settings above will work if you enter everything it says
    12-30-09 08:11 PM
    I am Using logic mail with blackberry 9860 and its working fine with both SMTP AND POP3
    the configuration you have defined is all good but in SMTP it requires to be amended as
    "PLAIN" use plain instead of Login then u will not face any problem

04-01-12 07:51 PM
    finally! i've been trying to find this info all day! this is the thing - i want a qwerty/touchscreen smartphone and the only two provided by the company i'm with are the blackberry 9900 or the samsung ypro b5510.

I LOVE the blackberry however all i need my smartphone is for email a bit of browsing and news etc. I currently have an android and access email and browse using WIFI at home and out - i really hate touchscreem messaging though and would like to try the blackberry but NOT with a data plan it's just not worth the monthly expense in my case! Can i do as suggested above with my local sevice provider? Using WIFI, no BIM / Data plan etc??
    10-01-12 01:18 PM
    Cant send emails via hotmail..
    plz help
    09-13-13 01:53 AM
    hi having just set it up myself i know that the settings for outgoing are as follows

Outgoing (SMTP):
    Use secure connection: TLS
    Port: 587
    Authentication LOGIN
    Username: your hotmail address
    Password: your hotmail password

i dont know if you still need these settings to make hotmail outgoing mail work on your phone? but it works 100% on mine ( blackberry curve 9300 )
    09-17-13 04:30 PM
    Outgoing (SMTP):
    Use secure connection: TLS
    Port: 587
    Authentication LOGIN
    Username: your hotmail address
    Password: your hotmail password
    those settings definetely working.. tried on curve 8520

thanks!!
    07-05-14 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD