I used to have a Blackberry Curve 8330 and absolutely loved it. However, when it was time to renew my contract, I switched to the enV Touch in order to save money. In the last few days, I have started to miss my Blackberry. There are, however, things that the enV Touch has that a Blackberry does not.

LG enV Touch:
    - has favorites option so that I can text my closest friends easier.
    - I can go past the 160 character limit.
    - holds more pictures.
    - keypad is easier to work.
    - 3.2 mp camera vs the 2.0 on the curve.
    - threaded texting which is far more organized.

Blackberry:
    - email
    - internet
    - apps
    - BBM

I went to Verizon today and they told me that I can buy a preowned one that someone brought back before the 30 days was up for $140. They told me they are basically brand new, someone just did not like it and returned it within 30 days.

What is everyone's opinion? Should I stay with my enV Touch or should I switch to the Blackberry Curve 8530? For those of you who have the 8530, do you like it? Please support your opinion with reasons. It will really help!

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by linds0390; 07-03-10 at 08:10 PM.
    07-03-10 08:08 PM
    I had a voyager and will never go back to phones like that even if its to save money. That's my opinion though I'd go with the curve. Are you allowed to swap the curve for another one if you don't like what's wrong with it?

07-03-10 08:18 PM
    OS 5.0 has threaded sms
    favorite option is negligible in my opinion as it only takes a sec to get the persons name in and when i already have a sms thread open on them i just pick their name to continue.
    holding pictures just determines the size of the media card and you can go up to 32 gb
    there are apps to extend the 160 char limit but not sure how it will function on verizon. i don't have any issues overshooting my 160 by a long shot on att. it auto splits them when sending.
    07-03-10 08:19 PM
    I had a voyager and will never go back to phones like that even if its to save money. That's my opinion though I'd go with the curve. Are you allowed to swap the curve for another one if you don't like what's wrong with it?

The man at the store said that the pre-owned phone still gets the 1 year warranty. He claims that nothing will be wrong with it because it will just be a phone that someone had and returned before their 30 day trial was up. There will be no scratches or signs of use. If for some reason there is something wrong with it, he says I will still have the 1 year warranty to turn it in.

07-03-10 08:30 PM
    You mention that the BB has internet/email where the LG does not. This isn't really true. You can get data for the LG for 9.99 (set # of MB) and then you can have internet and email.
    07-03-10 08:41 PM
    You mention that the BB has internet/email where the LG does not. This isn't really true. You can get data for the LG for 9.99 (set # of MB) and then you can have internet and email.
    I'm sorry I should have reworded that. I am aware of the data plan but what I really meant was that it is easier access. (blackberries are more for internet and email)

07-03-10 08:46 PM
    Why don't you try the Curve 8530 and see if you like it or not?
    07-03-10 08:48 PM
    Why don't you try the Curve 8530 and see if you like it or not?
    Because since I am not renewing my contract, I will not have the option to return after 30 days. If I do not like it, I will have wasted my money so I am looking for opinions of those who have it to decide what I should do.

07-03-10 08:52 PM
    Sounds like the LG has easier texting while the BB has easier emailing.

I would recommend the BB 8530. The texting is threaded - much easier than in the 8330 you had. You'll have an easier texting experience as well as email.

07-03-10 10:24 PM
    Honestly I can't stand LGs. They break too easy in my experience.
    07-03-10 11:44 PM
    I agree with LGs breaking so fast. I went through 6 voyagers before swithcing to blackberry the hinges from the screen connecting to the keyboard kept coming apart.

07-04-10 01:44 AM
    I like to buy new cellphone but i am very confused between blackberry and LG ,i have no any idea which is the best phone with advanced features..please can anyone suggest me and also provide me some idea about the cover for my cellphone.

Lg env touch covers
    12-22-10 09:50 PM
    I bought a pre owned 8530 from VZW and you get 1 year to return it for a NEW (out of box) model IF anything IS wrong. OS5 will make you NEVER think LG. My 8530 had dust UNDER the screen and I called VZW (DON'T go to a store if you got a problem they are WORTHLESS) and got it replaced.

12-23-10 03:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD