I tried a search for this, but to no avail. Maybe I was just inputting the wrong keywords...hopefully not, I'd hate to look stupid.

Anyway, here goes.

My problem isn't a huge, urgent deal or anything, but when I set my profile to "Phone Only," and I get an SMS/email/Facebook notification while it's on standby, I'm pretty sure the LED only flashes for a little while and then stops. I say this because I had that profile on while I napped because I didn't feel like getting woken up for an email from my university account which is pretty likely to be spam anyway, but when I woke up and took my phone off standby, I found that there were three notifications and the LED had not been flashing before I touched the phone.

It would just make me feel better if my LED would flash while on standby if I get one of these messages while using this profile. And if it does flash, it would do so continuously, indefinitely, until I turned the phone on and viewed the message(s).

I checked the profile settings and I do have the LED flashing notification set on this profile.

I know this is weird, but any input would be appreciated.
    08-12-09 04:02 AM
    The LED flashes for only about 5 minutes, then it stops.

You need a third party app if you want the LED notification to flash till you cancel it or take action on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 04:14 AM
    Really? Interesting. Thanks for the info. When it says "Repeat Notification," I suppose I interpreted that to mean indefinite until action is taken to stop it.
    08-12-09 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD