06-15-10 03:55 PM
356 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Would love to upgrade if I could get my PC and BBDM to see my frickin 8330m!!!!
    10-18-09 11:05 AM
    Any body else loose there default device calender during this upgrade?
    10-18-09 12:35 PM
    [QUOTE=xliderider;3813601]Cool, thanks for this.

I just incorporated the 4.5.0.174 files into my hybrid the other day.

Now I have to get the .175 files. [/QUOTE

hey,,, i am trying to upgrade my bb curve 8330, do u know where i can get the info and the how too's thankss
    10-18-09 12:57 PM
    after the update i have lost my internet..... no data connection..... no email setup icon....
    what do i do?
    10-18-09 01:09 PM
    after the update i have lost my internet..... no data connection..... no email setup icon....
    what do i do?
    Provision after that pull the battery and you should be good to go.

Good Luck!
    10-18-09 01:27 PM
    I received an email from RIM about 15-20 minutes ago. I checked the BlackBerry downloads site for Sprint and found:

Software For BlackBerry® Curve (TM) 8330m smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.295 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.295
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.5.0.175
    Software Platform: 3.4.0.55
    File name: 8330mAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel295_PL3.4.0.55_A4.5.0.175_Sp rint_L.P.exe
    File size: 83.19MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...2CF6B6987D95A0
    i wanted to do this upgrade but i am on verizon... do u know how i can do this ?? please help thanks
    10-18-09 01:41 PM
    BTW, the last thing that happened right before I noticed my Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update option disappeared. I received a registration message from BlackBerry saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network". Not sure why I would get this message.

Only three times I've seen it before was when I first got my BB, upgraded to .169 & .175
    Just wanted to let you know that I lost my wireless update option yesterday too. After using Quickpull it reappeared. My son's disappeared as well so I figure it's something Sprint is doing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 03:12 PM
    I read the post asking if anybody had done the update thru wireless update so I tried it and it works no problems. When I went to options>advanced>wireless update and checked for an update it didn't come right back with 'no update avail' like it had in the past it just said 'checking for update'. About 2 hrs later I saw a new icon'wireless update' and it was the new OS. Downloaded 4.4mb file then had the option to update now or schedule update for later. Install was done in three steps 1. Patching OS, 2. Patching java, and 3. Linking java. It then ran the backup it made before the install and I had the new OS with all my settings and messages intact. Took maybe 10 minutes to download the 4.4mb then close to an hour to complete the install. Signal seems much improved and that was what I wanted from this upgrade.
    My experience was similar, except that my 8330m is connected to our BES Server. Right away my handheld came back with the available update. I downloaded the 4.5MB file and the process took about an hour to completed.

My brother has an 8330 and it stayed at checking for updates... After reading your note I didn't want to wait two hours for the Wireless Update icon to appear so I'm upgrading the 8330 right now using Desktop Manager.
    10-18-09 03:39 PM
    i did the update and things worked great, then for some reason i charged by battery last night and turned the phone off and got up this morning and turned my phone on and the battery was half dranded ??? not sure whats going on ??? but the phone was off with a full battery not sure whats going on, lol. Anyone know about this issue ?
    10-19-09 07:07 AM
    Since performing this update, my phone freezes more often. I'd never had an issue before, but now all of a sudden it will freeze. It usually happens if I'm opening my BBM or email. I've had to master reset the phone a few times now. Sometimes, it'll freeze up completely and just have a blank white screen. No app/jvm error though. I don't know what's going on here.
    10-19-09 09:26 AM
    I lost my theme..I was using the Storm look, which I can find again. But I am wondering if this is tied to losing the free note taking app. I can't find it anywhere. I have the calculator and voice notes, but I use the note taking app a ton..any ideas on how to get it back?
    10-19-09 10:32 AM
    Seems like I'm back in business except for a few minor issues.

1. I used to have my power off icon hidden, it's now back on my screen and when I click my BB button I no longer have the option to hide it.
    2. I had to reinstall all my apps through My World on BB App World.
    3. I need to reregister my Berry Weather but I don't know my registration code. I bought it here on Crackberry last week when it was 50% off. Does anybody know who I need to contact to get a new code?
    Here's a weird one for you, I have an 8330m, the wife has one too. I was able to hide the turn power off icon on hers, but not on mine. I would appreciate it if someone has an answer to this one.
    10-19-09 01:20 PM
    Guess I must be one of those few that have had no luck with the .175 OS. I'm downgrading back down to .169. Hopefully that will solve the issues I am having.

1. 1XEV signal for only about 10 minutes after battery pull.
    2. Constant 1x signal with only 2 bars most of the time.
    3. Dropping calls constantly (even if bars are full, all of a sudden all bars disappear and my call drops).
    4. Extreme delay in data connections.
    5. Can't hold a GPS signal for more then about 3 miles, WTF!!!
    6. No mail/text/IM notifications, sound or display.

Thought maybe things would improve as time went on, even hoped the outage was due to RIM or Sprint correcting something related to these issues. Issues have gotten worse since the outage for mine and my wife's BB.

Oh well, I'll just wait till the 5.0 OS comes out and upgrade then. Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out. Then again, that might be to much to ask for.
    10-19-09 02:10 PM
    Wow so many different results. I would benefit from better signal and not jumping around and such, plus the delay in calls. I don't know whether to upgrade or not, got BBDM 5.0 now but might wait.
    10-19-09 02:17 PM
    I have had the .169 Cell South on my Sprint 8330m for a few weeks now and it had zero issues. I used the App Loader method and removed the vendor file prior to loading.

This new .175 for Sprint does indeed have a much faster browser but, the free memory is 10-15 mb lower. I also noticed that home page icon scrolling will periodically stop and appear to be frozen, and then it will catch up and work normally. This seems to only happen when I am roaming.

Being pretty new to the bb deal, I wonder if I had deleted the vendor file in .175, would it have eliminated Sprint manipulating the operation or is that even an issue?

I think loading the .175 browser on the .169 would be a nice combo. Anybody got that done or care to explain how I might do it?
    10-19-09 07:51 PM
    Just downloaded it and it resetted my phone. I dont know if i did anything wrong. All my apps were there but text messages were gone and I had to create a new screen name for bbm. Thank God i backed the phone up prior to this and im restoring everything on there until i go to the sprint store and have them do it for me....
    10-20-09 12:11 AM
    nevermind that last post.. it worked
    10-20-09 12:27 AM
    nevermind that last post.. it worked
    10-20-09 01:41 AM
    Well doing it now, so hopefully it is fine.
    10-20-09 08:41 AM
    Man, because I see all kinds of negative/positive feedback on this new OS, I have decided to just wait. .169 is a great OS anyway.
    10-20-09 10:34 AM
    Well works fine, but I noticed it will go to 1x or 1xev sometimes and then go back to 1X 1XEV. My work is bad at killing cell signal, so I upgraded at work today as I work on Blackberries at work some and will see how it works outside the building and at home. So far, it looks fine but not a huge improvement. Haven't talked on the phone yet though. Emails seems zippier coming in though.
    10-20-09 03:38 PM
    Does the option to ROAM ONLY return with this upgrade?
    10-20-09 06:01 PM
    Major error! I tried to get this from my desktop manager and now It's frozen on task 2 of 11 and hasn't moved for hours. I'm freaked to remove it for fear of losing the info I have on it (It's 65% of my life on that thing!) This is the first problem I've had that I couldn't fix with a battery pop... I'm such a tech fail...
    10-20-09 07:30 PM
    Nevermind, fixed it, I just gathered the guts to unplug it, its even at 1XEV, thanks anyways!
    10-20-09 07:34 PM
    I dont know..I have to look..
    10-20-09 10:48 PM
356 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD