I have also done the update and have noticed that i dont have to turn the radio back on everytime i turn it back on. Everything cam back up on my curve, but i have on ly had it for 1 week and i love it !!!! Can someone tell me where i can find out how much memory i have ??? Im still learning about things on this and would love to know where i can get some cool theme's for my phone

thanx everyone for your help at the beginning
    Kathy,

Ok let's see, if you have 31234662 just start at the back and count 3 places. It would look like 31,234,662 so that would be over 31 Meg.

LOL hope that helps...
    That helps a lot!!!! Thanks! Sadly, I now know that I only have 22.8 MB free. Wow!
    Hopefully that helps!
    10-16-09 02:42 PM
    lol, ya i know that, but where on my blackberry does it tell me
    10-16-09 02:47 PM
    Kathy, go to options/Status and it should show you "File Free" with in that one.

I forgot one post...Sorry!
    10-16-09 02:47 PM
    Download keeps failing at "module 177 of 236"
    10-16-09 03:04 PM
    I forgot one post...Sorry!
    got it thanx kathy
    10-16-09 03:09 PM
    Seems to be working fine for me. A little more free memory but not much for me.
    I am just patiently waiting for true threaded text messages.
    10-16-09 03:45 PM
    Anyone else having really really bad battery drain w/ bluetooth on? Loaded it 2x now & loosing about 10% an hour. turn off bt & it's perfect! gonna load the bt .cod from .131 (worked flawlessly for me) & see if that helps.
    10-16-09 04:09 PM
    Signal drops: yes
    GPS: If you mean how it triangulates from cell towers instead of GPS (on 8330M), no. I think that needs to be fixed by Google, pretty sure nothing RIM can do.

I was one of the unlucky that had Sprint replace my 8330 with an 8330m and now the most used app on my whole bb, google maps, doesn't do jack for me. I have been waiting for someone to fix this for 4 months.
    10-16-09 06:07 PM
    I'm done for now..I saved my address book only because of google sync. That is the most important thing. The rest of this is just a bunch of crap by Sprint...what a freaking joke. They should have said they would clear out my entire phone and apps..ill try and restore but ill probably just start from scratch..I wonder f I still need the buzz me app for vibration..god all those little tweaks that i did I will miss!!!!!
    Your supposed to do a back up before u do anything with your phone. No excuses lol
    10-16-09 07:40 PM
    I am so glad I backed everything up.

Mine 507'd on me doing the update through DM 5.0 on WinXP Pro SP3. I tried to re-install using the Nuked Method and through CrackMem, but it wouldn't recognise the new OS for the phone. I had to install .170 just to get the BB un-bricked. After the install, I was able to update and all was good until I installed BBM 5.0. It froze and I had to do the hard reboot. After that white screen. Time to do a battery pull and see what happens from there.
    10-16-09 10:32 PM
    I just got done updating my Sprint 8330m, and it went perfectly. The only slight hitch was the fact that it downgraded my Docs To Go. Thankfully, DataViz makes the reinstallation files available on their site, with good instructions on how to deal with it.
    10-16-09 11:53 PM
    I just got done updating my Sprint 8330m, and it went perfectly. The only slight hitch was the fact that it downgraded my Docs To Go. Thankfully, DataViz makes the reinstallation files available on their site, with good instructions on how to deal with it.
    If ya go into Docs on the phone, you can get the free update thru there. May have to register, but its there, cause I had to do as well. BB button>check for updates>web site will pop up with info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 05:01 AM
    If ya go into Docs on the phone, you can get the free update thru there. May have to register, but its there, cause I had to do as well. BB button>check for updates>web site will pop up with info.

Yes, I had done it that way before. However, now DataViz wants you to purchase "download insurance" to download the update file via the phone. It was free and easy to download the file on the computer, transfer it over to the phone, and then reinstall.
    10-17-09 09:01 AM
    I was one of the unlucky that had Sprint replace my 8330 with an 8330m and now the most used app on my whole bb, google maps, doesn't do jack for me. I have been waiting for someone to fix this for 4 months.
    I'm sorry to hear that.

I bought an 8330m, I used to use google Maps on my old HTC 6800 and Touch Pro as the Sprint Telenav kinda killed my battery life..but since buying my 8330m all I use is Sprint Telenav. I see you're on Sprint, does your plan not include use of their GPS in it? Google Maps is pretty weak on the 8330m, good for directions but not for true GPS navigation.

If you don't have Telenav they do offer a 10 day trial in the BBWorld app Store.
    10-17-09 04:21 PM
    I upgraded mine yesterday morning from .169. I've noticed that my signal strength is slighty lower after the upgrade. If the browser's any faster, I havn't noticed. I would agree that it's an upgrade from Sprint's last official OS. However, it's not much of an upgrade from .169.

10-17-09 05:00 PM
    Updated 3 phones with no problems. 2 were 8330m and 1 was 8330. I had to re-register some of the software but nothing major. With the Desktop app for Mac it saw the update on all of the phones.
    10-17-09 09:07 PM
    How do you know if you have an 8330m or e? What are the differences b/w them? Not sure which one I have....
    10-17-09 09:44 PM
    How do you know if you have an 8330m or e? What are the differences b/w them? Not sure which one I have....
    Go to Options, About that where it will tell you which one you have!
    10-17-09 09:47 PM
    Go to Options then About. The top line will tell you if your phone is a 8330 0r 8330m.
    10-17-09 09:48 PM
    Go to Options then About. The top line will tell you if your phone is a 8330 0r 8330m.
    Theres an Echo in this room!
    10-17-09 09:50 PM
    I upgraded from .169 to .175 and everything was working fine until today. Signal strength has been weak, email & text/IM delay and my Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update option has disappeared.

It was there yesterday, I know cause I remember I checked to see if any updates were out there and it did not comeback saying "no updates available" as it usually says. Instead it sat there for about 2 hours and then it gave me the "no updates available" message.

I have restarted and done 2 battery pulls, signal, email, text & IM is still bouncing around, but I do not see the Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update option anymore.

Has this happened to anyone else who upgraded to .175?
    10-18-09 02:18 AM
    BTW, the last thing that happened right before I noticed my Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update option disappeared. I received a registration message from BlackBerry saying "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network". Not sure why I would get this message.

Only three times I've seen it before was when I first got my BB, upgraded to .169 & .175
    10-18-09 02:26 AM
    Upgraded from the last official sprint release using DM with no problems so far.
    10-18-09 02:33 AM
    FYI, I just checked my wife's Curve which I also upgraded to .175 and she still has the Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update option. However, she has not tried to use that option since the .175 upgrade. WTF!!!
    10-18-09 03:39 AM
    I upgraded from .169 to .175 and everything was working fine until today. Signal strength has been weak, email & text/IM delay and my Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update option has disappeared.

It was there yesterday, I know cause I remember I checked to see if any updates were out there and it did not comeback saying "no updates available" as it usually says. Instead it sat there for about 2 hours and then it gave me the "no updates available" message.

I have restarted and done 2 battery pulls, signal, email, text & IM is still bouncing around, but I do not see the Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update option anymore.

Has this happened to anyone else who upgraded to .175?
    I'm having the same problem. Now I can't go online, no email, no BBM.

Help Please!

Update:

I just spoke to sprint and they claim that there is some sort of outage nationwide.

They say the network should be up and running in 2 to 4 hours.

Second update:

Its all back up and running, just provision and you good to go.
    Last edited by theprivate; 10-18-09 at 01:25 PM. Reason: second update
    10-18-09 10:30 AM
356 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD