I've got it off my dock/charger so we'll see as the day progresses.

There wasn't much to improve on with 169. The battery life was great on that build.

Oh, and menus/apps seem to be slightly quicker to respond. Seems like a lot of unspoken fixes were implemented.
    10-14-09 09:58 AM
    I've updated my OS don't see any difference yet...but I didn't loose any apps or my theme Whoo hoo
    10-14-09 10:07 AM
    BTW, this isn't a Sprint release...it's a RIM release thru Sprint. Don't blame it on Sprint. I've never had an issue doing an upgrade...everything is backed up for me, including all of my apps, during the upgrade process. The upgrade process for me has always been a back up first, then it wipes my apps, installs new OS, reinstalls apps & contacts. On step 11 or 12 right now of this update in fact.
    I upgraded with no problem just 30 minutes ago. I got an email notice from rim. I then hooked my BB to my PC, started desktop manager 5.0. Desktop manager then told me an update was available. The rest was automatic. It took about 30 minutes. Make sure you do not disconnect your BB until it is completely done. The normal automatic process is: 1. it backs up everything (apps, email, theme, etc.); 2. It wipes everything; 3. it loads the OS; 4. It loads standard apps, and then all of your apps; 5. It loads all of your databases for email, contacts, etc.

I think the important thing is to use the desktop manager to do the update.
    10-14-09 10:14 AM
    I d/l it this morning and it took forever, everything seems like it went smooth expcept I noticed that my calendar appointments are missing - luckily I didnt have many of them. Anyone know how to get them back?
    10-14-09 10:17 AM
    I know from earlier posts that at this time this is not avail as an ota download. My question is if I wait until 10/21 and go to sprint downloads will I be able to upgrade OTA or will I still need to upgrade thru a PC? I don't have easy access to a pc with internet and prefer to do this as OTA but if waiting til the 21st won't change anything might as well start calling family members to use their pc. Will be extremely happy to FINALLY have a stable signal so I am definitely doing the upgrade just prefer to do it OTA.
    10-14-09 10:27 AM
    I downloaded .175 this morning, everything was alright EXCEPT I lost all my BB Messenger contacts. All apps, regular contacts, 3rd party are working ok, KNOCK on wood.
    10-14-09 10:31 AM
    I'm not sure if its even possible to do an upgrade OTA but remember that if it is and something goes wrong you may not have a backup and you could lose all of your info. I would just do it on a family members PC to be safe.
    10-14-09 10:31 AM
    I got my e-mail back by taking the battery out, and putting it back in.
    10-14-09 10:32 AM
    I am currently DL from the Desktop Manager (5.0) Everything seems fine so far...
    My questions is.. What is the most general item missing or not working for those who have made the upgrade? It says I must wirelessly update my email and BBM after upgrade. Is this difficult or will it be easy peasy?
    10-14-09 10:33 AM
    I'm curious. you folks who lost contacts or apps or anything..did you use Desktop Manager or loader.exe? I used loader and everything went smooth. Just wondering, cause I always hear about issues with upgrading via DM.
    10-14-09 10:35 AM
    So I guess those of us with verizon will have to wait it out till the 21st? If it is as good as you guys say, I'll definitely have to try it out.
    10-14-09 10:37 AM
    Worked fine for me, I used DM 5 from PC.
    10-14-09 11:10 AM
    Used DM 4.7 everything back up except my profile settings i.e. ringer, sms sounds?
    10-14-09 11:17 AM
    I know from earlier posts that at this time this is not avail as an ota download. My question is if I wait until 10/21 and go to sprint downloads will I be able to upgrade OTA or will I still need to upgrade thru a PC? I don't have easy access to a pc with internet and prefer to do this as OTA but if waiting til the 21st won't change anything might as well start calling family members to use their pc. Will be extremely happy to FINALLY have a stable signal so I am definitely doing the upgrade just prefer to do it OTA.
    OTA is not an option right now. Maybe in the future. Must be done via computer & USB.
    10-14-09 11:18 AM
    Thanks to both entwined and redhaired girl for your response. Good news is now I won't have to wait til the 21st to do this.
    10-14-09 11:28 AM
    Free memory was a huge improvement for me.
    10-14-09 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the heads up.
    10-14-09 12:09 PM
    I received an email from RIM late last night about an update being available. I updated via the DM5. It was my first device update since getting my BB. All went smoothly, didn't lose any information or data on it. Though before the upgrade it said it was going to uninstall BBM (I had BBM 5 installed) though BBM 5 is still installed. Now just hoping RIM releases an official OS 5.0 for the 8330m very soon.
    10-14-09 12:32 PM
    I uploaded the new OS and everything restored to my previous settings. Browser is much faster, and switching screens is quicker as well. Very happy with it.
    10-14-09 12:57 PM
    i updated this morning using loader.exe. no wipe, on top of .169 and all went smoothly...all sms, apps & emails stayed on my phone.

i didn't notice a huge memory boost, i had 44mb and now have 45mb...the test will be if it's still leaking really bad, hopefully not, started leaking mem since i upgraded to bbm5.

browser seems much quicker now as does booting up so far so good...i just wish we could get 5.0...all i want is threaded sms...
    10-14-09 01:08 PM
    If ur afraid ur gonna lose ur BBM contacts, then back them up with in BBM and save it to your memory card. Then restore it. And if need be you can always re-download BBM 5 from app world.
    10-14-09 01:34 PM
    I upgraded mine via DM for Mac. No problems - had an issue backing up 2 databases of mine and failed to restore 1 data base on top of that.
    It didnt auto load my theme so i had to find it and load it again.

I went from 25mb free to 29mb free so props to them. So far everything's running a bit slow even after two rests with "quickpull"

No major bugs for me though.

edit - i should say no major problems that crippled my phone or its base functionalities. haha
    10-14-09 01:51 PM
    I'm curious. you folks who lost contacts or apps or anything..did you use Desktop Manager or loader.exe? I used loader and everything went smooth. Just wondering, cause I always hear about issues with upgrading via DM.
    I upgraded using DM, it told me there was an update and I proceeded. All is ok except my calendar appointments, which I believe I only had a few so I'll have to go into my outlook and re-enter them.
    10-14-09 01:54 PM
    Main questions...does it fix the random signal drops and gps on google maps for SPRINT?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 02:09 PM
    Yeah and that desktop manager is only for macs with snow leopard. :-(
    What??? I've been using it and I'm on 10.5.8
    10-14-09 02:11 PM
356 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD