I guess I am a real rookie, Mine is v4.5.0.131. From what i am reading, I am way behind. What am i missing out on but not having the updated version?
    Last edited by sherlock1015; 11-14-09 at 12:34 AM.
    11-14-09 12:06 AM
    Well I guess I must be the only one from what I've read that has no problems at all. I used the wireless update and all is well. Not one app gone my media is fine, not a single problem. I have the 8330m.
    11-15-09 01:05 AM
    Ooooh no! Im glad I read the other post. Im not touching this with a ten foot pole.
    11-15-09 02:35 AM
    Well I guess I must be the only one from what I've read that has no problems at all. I used the wireless update and all is well. Not one app gone my media is fine, not a single problem. I have the 8330m.
    My 8330m is connected to our corporate BES server and I used Wireless Update. So far so good, especially with Google Maps 3.2.0 (GPS works now).

There was one day when I switched my active Profile from Normal (Vibrate once then Ring) to Vibrate then to Quiet for a meeting and a little while later back to Normal. After a little while I noticed that my phone was awfully quiet (no tones or vibrations) and at that time I noticed that I missed a few phone calls. The phone must have been stuck in Quiet mode still? But a single battery pull fixed that problem and it never reoccured.

I'm happy that my bars are more consistent (minor thing but constantly bouncing from full to none was annoying) but more importanly data resumes almost instantly after a longer phone call ends (5+ minutes). With the 8330m and 4.5.0.131 it would take 7-10 minutes for data to resume after I ended a 5+ minute phone call. I almost always having pending email so the 7-10 minute wait was very frustrating.
    11-16-09 12:31 AM
    You're not the only one- no problems here whatsoever, and this is the most stable of all so far. I've loaded many OS'S before, so not sure why some are having problems.
    11-16-09 07:12 AM
    Im getting tired of doing battery pulls ....
    11-16-09 03:09 PM
    Yeah the Media/Ringer issue is not an all the time deal. It happens and then usually corrects after a battery pull or the quick reboot. But I have noticed like some have said a faster battery drain. Seems my indicator drops a lot faster now than before even without doing much to it.

I might downgrade I think to version 169 i believe that people were saying is a lot easier on the battery and no pesky media issue
    11-18-09 04:05 PM
    I reverted back to 4.5.0.131. I started having issues with sound and media card recognition. I would set ringtones in my profile and it would just give me the default sound even though the profile clearly stated my selected ringtone. Has anyone heard of FULL MMS support and chat style SMS coming to the BB? It is a hassle pushing numerous buttons just to text someone. Sometimes in a texting session with an individual I am unable to complete a thought in 160 characters. I rarely am able to complete my 2nd text before the individual replies. That is what I miss the most from Treo is the chat styled texting and the FULL MMS support. I do not miss the volatile OS though.
    11-19-09 02:08 AM
    I have Not had any issues with this Upgrade...
    at all!
    11-19-09 09:15 AM
    I have Not had any issues with this Upgrade...
    at all!
    I didn't have any ringer issues either for a month. Don't know what triggers it. Hope your luck holds out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 12:43 PM
    Are you serious?? UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH..what a pain..I did the same thing as the OP..went to the website, ran the installer and now it's like the phone is brand new..this could be disaster!! I need to find google sync immediately.

It deleted my themes..all my emails..all my texts..this is bull****!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats what happens when you install another OS!!!
    11-19-09 03:05 PM
    I reverted back to 4.5.0.131. I started having issues with sound and media card recognition. I would set ringtones in my profile and it would just give me the default sound even though the profile clearly stated my selected ringtone. Has anyone heard of FULL MMS support and chat style SMS coming to the BB? It is a hassle pushing numerous buttons just to text someone. Sometimes in a texting session with an individual I am unable to complete a thought in 160 characters. I rarely am able to complete my 2nd text before the individual replies. That is what I miss the most from Treo is the chat styled texting and the FULL MMS support. I do not miss the volatile OS though.
    OS 5.0 will give us back the lovely truley threaded SMS that we Palm users got spoiled by. (I got a Centro and the first month my texts trippled.). I don't know about MMS though.

11-20-09 04:59 AM
    Always always always always backup you device before you update OS... Would seem to be common sense to me.
    11-21-09 12:52 PM
    if your system is connected 2 the network constantly, desktop manager automatically downloads it when u connect device.......
    11-21-09 07:44 PM
    I, like a lot of other 8330 Sprint users just upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5. After the installation, I had to sign back into most of my "aftermarket" apps, but they were all there, and everyhting is back to the way it was before the upgrade, except one thing (so far).

when I got e-mails to my BB before, when I selected "delete" it gave me two options: "Delete on Handheld" and then "Delete on Mailbox & Handheld" options. Now after the upgrage to 4.5, I only have the option to "Delete", which means that it deletes the e-mail from my BB, but it remains unread in my Yahoo inbox, even though my e-mail is registered and everything. It sounds like my BB e-mail is just not in full sync with my mailbox like it used to be.

Anyone have any ideas that can help me? It seems like it would be just an easy fix, but since I have no idea where to look or what to change, I'm stuck. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. I know it's minor, but it's driving me insane. HAHAHAHA! Thanks again!
    11-25-09 11:49 AM
    Ok, false alarm. It was the "reconcile now" option that was unchecked. I just checked it, tested it, and it's working properly again. Good to go. Thanks anyways. It only took me like 6 hours to figure it out. HAHAHAHAHA!
    11-25-09 12:08 PM
    Probably answered but long thread..I am a 8330m guy now so how is .175 from my os .131... Do miss my 5.0 though d-mn phone broke but great sprint service...

Last edited by plunkingtom; 11-26-09 at 08:59 AM.
    11-25-09 07:16 PM
    So is it worth going from 4.5.0.138 to this x.175? Seems like a small release. Might hold off for the offical big OS, if they ever do a 5.0 for the 8330

11-26-09 06:04 AM
    Tones on the card?? You may neeed to move them to pc, reformat card, and reload music. When upgrading os's the new os sometimes does not like the old data on the card. When I upgraded to .175 one song would not play in fact it disabled all on card. I went back and checked the tones in Media player to see if they will play and they all did (after battery pull) except one. I also cannot delete it from card so it is corruted. You migt also check your tones that they play by highlighting them when assigning them and wait for them to play there. If they don't play the file is bad.

By bad I mean the os does not like it but following the above procedure with your card the os thinks it is new data...
    11-26-09 09:06 AM
    I absolutely hate it!

Everytime I try to play music on my phone, if my phone has been on for over 2 hours, it says device media is busy.

I have to soft reset my phone in order to listen to music... ALL THE TIME!
    And it drains my battery
    and has the worst memory leak ever!!!

4.5.0.169 also sucks.

!!! CAN ANYONE FIND ME THE LINK TO 4.5.0.131
    by far, the most stable.
    11-29-09 02:52 AM
    try formatting your microSD card and re-adding all of the files to it. This shouldn't happen. My phone plays media just fine with 175 no matter how long its running. The memory leak can be a bit annoying, but I just quickpull daily to keep it at 30MB free.
    11-29-09 01:54 PM
    I absolutely hate it!

Everytime I try to play music on my phone, if my phone has been on for over 2 hours, it says device media is busy.

I have to soft reset my phone in order to listen to music... ALL THE TIME!
    And it drains my battery
    and has the worst memory leak ever!!!

4.5.0.169 also sucks.

!!! CAN ANYONE FIND ME THE LINK TO 4.5.0.131
    by far, the most stable.
    I'd love to know why you think .169 sucks.
    12-01-09 08:05 AM
    Can someone confirm if v4.5.0.175 supports 16GB microSD cards?

I saw post that list 4.5.0.81 or greater support > than 8GB, but is .175 newer than .81? ...shouldn't it be .081 or .810.

Sorry for the newb question...

Thanks.
    John
    12-03-09 01:53 PM
    I'd love to know why you think .169 sucks.
    I too would like to know why. .169 has been one of the better OS ever produced. Very stable, great battery life

12-03-09 08:44 PM
    Yeah 169 might be the most stable Curve OS. I like 175 for the browser speed so I can deal with the memory leak and battery life not being great, but if you don't know how often you can charge 169 might be the way to go.
    12-03-09 10:38 PM
356 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD