all of my issues were resolved with a few battery pulls.
    no more re booting and way less of a memory leak than the .169

cant complain about battery life because i have the seidio ext battery so it is always full, lol
    An Operating System that requires a break-in period? Hmm...
    10-25-09 08:17 PM
    can't open any...help
    Had File Manager Pro-won't do it either nor will Docs2Go
    10-25-09 11:55 PM
    I installed the update the other day and have encountered no issues. The only question I have is what did it address. I have seen or experienced absolutely no improvement on anything. SMS and MMS on my BB still sucks. I have no increase in speed or memory on any application.
    10-26-09 12:46 AM
    First off, I think .175 does not work for me. Everytime I'd try to play a song from my media player. It'd say "device media processor is busy"... WTF!

Same thing happened with .169, though the speediness of .169 is great.

Didn't really notice any difference with .175... I wish Sprint would at least tell us what its supposed to improve.

PLACEBO EFFECT!
    Then I probably believe .175 is better.
    For now. I'm sitting at old and reliable .131
    10-26-09 02:10 AM
    I installed the update the other day and have encountered no issues. The only question I have is what did it address. I have seen or experienced absolutely no improvement on anything. SMS and MMS on my BB still sucks. I have no increase in speed or memory on any application.
    I remember reading somewhere that the only major fixes were security related. Other than that it is not much of an improvement over 4.5.0.169. It is better for me at lease than 4.5.0.131 was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 05:18 AM
    I just updated my friends blackberry to this and it wiped out all contacts, internet bookmarks. How do I get it all back? Please help asap

You run restore from DM using the backup file you made as part of the upgrade process.

10-26-09 05:20 AM
    i went through most these pages couldnt find anything...

has anyone noticed any of their saved emails or texts were gone. i cant lose mine and if they are gone i would be in trouble! sooo has anyone lost any saved emails or texts?

thank you
    I did the upgrade without any data loss except calender and restorng from my backup fixed that. There is some post here called "proper procedure". Search for that way of upgrading and use it. It involves making a backup and wiping the device It takes longer and requires breaking your bb on purpose but it yeilds the best results every time.

10-26-09 05:22 AM
    10-26-09 06:34 AM
    An Operating System that requires a break-in period? Hmm...
    yeah i know, lol
    if it could be done leave it to sprint, lol

working great now though after like i said many many battery pulls, lol
    10-26-09 02:02 PM
    I just ran through the update process using DM 4.7 but had what seems like a massive failure. When the update was nearly done it was waiting for the phone to initialize, one of the last 2 steps, but the phone never fully powered on. The phone simply sat in the white screen with hourglass timer mode for more than 30 minutes. I clicked on cancel on the DM screen, but the phone still would never power on.

I ended up pulling the battery and letting the phone sit for a minute. Now it still won't power up past the hourglass screen. Any hints or am I just screwed until I can get to a store? Thanks in advance for any help!
    10-26-09 10:06 PM
    Well....fingers crossed but it appears the phone fixed itself. Guess it was just sleepy or something. I plugged in the charger and the phone finally fully powered on after 5 minutes or so. The only thing I can think is that the battery maybe became very low during the software update process or something.
    10-26-09 10:28 PM
    anybody know if sprint is going to do a 5.0 update for the curve
    10-26-09 10:34 PM
    anybody know if sprint is going to do a 5.0 update for the curve
    Who cares if Sprint dos it. If RIM said they are going to do it then I will just install there's after removing the Vendor.xml file like always.

10-27-09 02:13 PM
    The question in my mind, is when RIM will release OS 5.0 for the 8330.

Who cares if Sprint dos it. If RIM said they are going to do it then I will just install there's after removing the Vendor.xml file like always.

10-27-09 03:58 PM
    "The question in my mind, is when RIM will release OS 5.0 for the 8330."

A few days ago on the main page it stated that OS 5.0 would be released for the 8330 along with all BB's with 96MB of flash memory or higher. This is VERY good news for those of us with 8330's.

10-27-09 07:50 PM

A few days ago on the main page it stated that OS 5.0 would be released for the 8330 along with all BB's with 96MB of flash memory or higher. This is VERY good news for those of us with 8330's.

Where did you see this? On This Forums main Page? Or the Sprint Main Page?
    10-27-09 07:56 PM

yeah, that is good news... but it still doesn't say WHEN it will be released.
    10-27-09 09:26 PM
    what is the hybrid part?
    10-27-09 10:59 PM
    Has anyone tried to update their Sprint Curve 8330m to version 4.5.0.175 using Wireless Update (Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update)?
    I just did... it worked like a charm! It took about 1 hour and 15 minutes, and I had to reregister ubertwitter, berrybuzz, facebook, and a few other apps.

It seems faster, the browser is faster, the app store is actually usable now, I'm not getting the full to no signal fluctuation crap.

Overall, I am happy... the 19 MB free memory - that I am not happy about... I may need to upgrade to a Tour soon.
    10-27-09 11:45 PM
    Originally Posted by bravy02 View Post
    Has anyone tried to update their Sprint Curve 8330m to version 4.5.0.175 using Wireless Update (Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update)?
    I did it last night, said it took about 2 hours... I just set it to run while I was sleeping.

This morning, I just had to re-sign into my applications.
    10-28-09 02:12 PM
    Have any of you had problems since uploading 5.0 on your 8330...mine is acting crappy...any suggestions??? should i re-do or what? Thanks in advance
    10-29-09 02:08 PM
    Have any of you had problems since uploading 5.0 on your 8330...mine is acting crappy...any suggestions??? should i re-do or what? Thanks in advance
    Looks like you posted in the wrong thread
    10-29-09 02:38 PM
    Hi everyone. I got the update with only a few problems that I was able to fix thanks to this thread - so thanks all!

Last night out of the blue, the phone started not ringing for texts or calls. I cannot seem to figure out how to correct this. I've tried everything I can think of to turn it back on but it appears to be set properly.

What am I missing? I even restored one of my backups from earlier in the week - when it did ring - and nothing helps!

Thanks so much to everyone who comments and helps out here! I have learned a lot, tweaked a lot, got some cool apps, and fixed many little bugs thanks to you guys!
    10-29-09 03:09 PM
    Hi everyone. I got the update with only a few problems that I was able to fix thanks to this thread - so thanks all!

Last night out of the blue, the phone started not ringing for texts or calls. I cannot seem to figure out how to correct this. I've tried everything I can think of to turn it back on but it appears to be set properly.

What am I missing? I even restored one of my backups from earlier in the week - when it did ring - and nothing helps!

Thanks so much to everyone who comments and helps out here! I have learned a lot, tweaked a lot, got some cool apps, and fixed many little bugs thanks to you guys!

I am having the same problem. When I first upgraded, it did this occassionally and if I did the QuickPull (soft reset) it would fix it, now, it doesn't fix it at all. I can even go into the profile (I have mine set to "Loud") and "test" the sound by reselecting the ringer and it seems to work, but when a call or text comes in, it doesn't do anything but vibe and LED flash - better than nothing but I need sound. I am wondering though, if it is because I am using media stored on my card? The Facebook alert (which I didn't change - it is still the standard Notifier_Cricket) and the calendar (which is stil set as Notifier_UFO) still work.

I will try that and see how it goes and report back -- but I wanna use my ringtones!!!
    10-29-09 03:55 PM
    Okay, so I changed to standard BB ringers/notifiers and retested. The phone ringer worked, but I still get zero sound from SMS notifications. No problems with Facebook or Calendar still...

Gurus: Any advice???
    10-29-09 04:16 PM
356 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD