Still No true mms support for the 8330 though, im so sick of following the links its not even funny
    That is a built in feature on the 8330m's...not an OS feature. You won't be getting it on your 8330 via an OS upgrade. Sorry.
    10-14-09 07:44 PM
    Seems like I'm back in business except for a few minor issues.

1. I used to have my power off icon hidden, it's now back on my screen and when I click my BB button I no longer have the option to hide it.
    2. I had to reinstall all my apps through My World on BB App World.
    3. I need to reregister my Berry Weather but I don't know my registration code. I bought it here on Crackberry last week when it was 50% off. Does anybody know who I need to contact to get a new code?
    10-14-09 07:50 PM
    I was updating, left the room to do it's thing, came back, and it keeps saying it's not connected, everything is connected, did battery pull and nothing...it doesn't come up with the box anymore that says would you like to put in mass storage mode, and my computer won't recognize my phone...
    Had to restart my computer twice, and restart the loader. It updated, but now I have to restore all my content, themes, etc.
    10-14-09 07:58 PM
    Kathy,

Ok let's see, if you have 31234662 just start at the back and count 3 places. It would look like 31,234,662 so that would be over 31 Meg.

LOL hope that helps...
    10-14-09 08:10 PM
    Something weird happened to me. My calender now has multi colors depending on whether its from yahoo, gmail, or device default chosen on the "send using" bar. My old calender entries are not showing up on my today screen and say device default next to "send using". While new entries say yahoo.com. Why arent my old entries showing up on my today screen?
    Another dumb Q, my free memory is only 22 mb's after upgrade.

Everything was fine pre-upgrade.
    Last edited by amarpateldc; 10-14-09 at 08:16 PM.
    10-14-09 08:13 PM
    I upgraded with one minor problem...

My calender events are in my phone but they will not show up on my today theme...

Everything else seems to be fine!
    10-14-09 08:28 PM
    Something weird happened to me. My calender now has multi colors depending on whether its from yahoo, gmail, or device default chosen on the "send using" bar. My old calender entries are not showing up on my today screen and say device default next to "send using". While new entries say yahoo.com. Why arent my old entries showing up on my today screen?
    Another dumb Q, my free memory is only 22 mb's after upgrade.

Everything was fine pre-upgrade.

Mine too! I just posted about that.. it's so weird. None of my calender events are showing up..
    10-14-09 08:29 PM
    Kathy,

Ok let's see, if you have 31234662 just start at the back and count 3 places. It would look like 31,234,662 so that would be over 31 Meg.

LOL hope that helps...

That helps a lot!!!! Thanks! Sadly, I now know that I only have 22.8 MB free. Wow!
    10-14-09 08:30 PM
    first time here =) Just got a blackberry, i saw this and figured Id do the upgrade before I really have anything on my phone. Does anyone know what size micro sd card this will support? and kinda off subject but I dont know where to put it, I have a couple apps on my phone which saved to my memory card but I wanna put in a larger capacity memory card, do I have to redownload them all?
    10-14-09 08:48 PM
    first time here =) Just got a blackberry, i saw this and figured Id do the upgrade before I really have anything on my phone. Does anyone know what size micro sd card this will support? and kinda off subject but I dont know where to put it, I have a couple apps on my phone which saved to my memory card but I wanna put in a larger capacity memory card, do I have to redownload them all?
    First off, your first question:

BlackBerry Device Software Media Card Size Limit
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0 -- Up to 2 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1 -- Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2 -- Up to 4 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0 -- Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0 -- Up to 8 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and above -- Up to 16 GB
    BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 -- Up to 16 GB

The second question is kind of confusing. Do you mean the update? If so try using the Desktop Manager and it will automagically install the new OS on your system without having to download the actual update. DM will backup your system, backup your apps, install the OS and reinstall the apps. I just finished updating and was pretty smooth.

As for the apps on your Micro SD Card, not for sure about that one. My understanding is if you put them on the Card they will still be used within the system memory when needed or loaded. Not real sure on all that.

Hope this helps...
    10-14-09 08:57 PM
    Thanks, I have a 2gb card Im gonna put in and see what happens, I only have like 4 apps if I did have to reinstall no big deal. I had no problems after the update and I went from 26mb to 36mb sweet!
    10-14-09 08:59 PM
    Has anyone tried to update their Sprint Curve 8330m to version 4.5.0.175 using Wireless Update (Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update)?
    10-14-09 09:20 PM
    The calendar seems to have issues. My appointments were fine but all the birthdays and anniversaries picked up from my address book were listed as two days instead of one. i.e same birthday listed as June 7 and June 8. Minor annoyance but a little time consuming to fix. Everything else working great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 10:09 PM
    wait can u dl this update for the regular 8330? it wont mess it up?
    10-14-09 10:18 PM
    My husband has the 8330m with OS 4.5.0.175, and have a 16g card in his phone now. He called Sprint about 9 weeks ago and ask about the card. He was told a 16g would work.
    10-14-09 10:31 PM
    Has anyone tried to update their Sprint Curve 8330m to version 4.5.0.175 using Wireless Update (Options > Advanced Options > Wireless Update)?
    I tried that last night and got no update available. I won't be available on Sprint website until 10/21. You might be able to do a wireless download then, not really sure about it.
    10-14-09 10:36 PM
    wow, definatly faster on everything!
    10-14-09 11:34 PM
    I plugged in my 8330 (non-m) and it detected an upgrade was ready. Did the upgrade. Had no problems with themes or with time zones. Serial #'s and agreeing to license terms for all the apps was erased, but that's expected and happens with every upgrade (not just this one). overall, haven't noticed too many improvements. Though answering the phone has less of a delay than before.
    10-14-09 11:34 PM
    Installed thru DM 5, right over .169, no problems whatsoever- all listed fixes from earlier post are working great !

10-15-09 04:46 AM
    thats awesome thanks!
    10-15-09 07:42 AM
    I connected my BB to the DM5 and it detected an update. It first backed up everything and then installed the updates...it was about 40 minutes from start to finish....all my apps were restored including themes...my berrybuzz settings and a few ringtones for sms, emails and calendar were put back at default. All in all i think the upgrade is good the browser is a lot faster
    10-15-09 09:40 AM
    I upgraded my my and my wifes phones last night through DM 5.0. Everything went pretty smooth except for a few minor issues.

1. I had to reinstall all of my apps that I had gotten through app world. Not a huge deal though since app world just archived them.

2. Had to re-agree to user agreements on several apps.

3. Had to re-register my BerryWeather app.

Overall the upgrade went smoothly although I haven't noticed any difference in performance on my BB.

10-15-09 09:41 AM
    God I hope it fixed the signal issue... I was ready to give up on sprint, their MEID devices all had issues in my house...old BB worked fine... Lets hope this fixed... taking signal readings before and after.
    10-15-09 12:33 PM
    Definitely was not a huge inconvenience to upgrade..It's like the equivalent of the Windows "registry" of programs was wiped out, however, most programs seem to hold their settings in a text-based file, within the program directory (not blackberry OS Specific ones).so yeah, I had to Re-Register 2 or 3 programs / the 3rd party ones like QuickLaunch and BerryBuzz...but that was no problem because Crackberry stores all my purchased Programs' registration info on this site. Love ya, Crackberry.
    10-15-09 12:43 PM
    So I did my update Tuesday night. Its now Thursday afternoon and not charging at all since I'm at 60%. I've had about 45 minutes of phone calls, some ubertwitter use, a little MMS/SMS and some BBM usage.

I think battery life was slightly better on 4.5.0.169 but I'll sacrifice a little battery performance in exchange for the speed I'm getting out of 4.5.0.175
    10-15-09 01:02 PM
356 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD