Signal drops: yes
    GPS: If you mean how it triangulates from cell towers instead of GPS (on 8330M), no. I think that needs to be fixed by Google, pretty sure nothing RIM can do.
    10-14-09 02:12 PM
    Did my update and everything seems great so far. No more App Error Msgs. I kept getting those in .169 for some reason. It is was faster and the screens switch almost instantly. God I just know i can't for the Essex to come out.
    10-14-09 02:57 PM
    I just did the update, dont know about what its improved, but i will tell you when i do. Im also glad to report that it restored everything!
    10-14-09 03:14 PM
    Does the Sprint Navigator still work after this upgrade or should one wait for the release through Sprint?
    10-14-09 03:28 PM
    Spoke way too soon, when i did a batt pull, it resetted my theme to the crappy sprint one
    10-14-09 03:37 PM
    I got about everything back and going. Still have to pick a new theme to use. I did not use my BB software. I used the blackberry website to install it. That must be why I got screwed. I am really lucky to have google sync or I would have been royally screwed. So if you install from the website, you are going to risk losing everything. My first thing to do is to get everything setup, then backup to my laptop.

I also need to delete all the useless apps like facebook that I got put back on my phone. I need to read the how to again on optimizing the BB.

Free space for me is 45
    10-14-09 03:42 PM
    Navigator works fine here. I had to register it again but no problems

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same for me too..
    10-14-09 03:42 PM
    I just did my update through DM5 and it was a piece of cake, although it took around 45 minutes total. I have every one of my 3rd party apps, safe and sound, but I had to re-insert regist #'s on several of them. One thing I noticed is boot time is super fast and I went from 28MB free space to 38MB free space!! and I have a ton of 3rd party apps installed. One caution, QuickLaunch users, it deletes all of your settings so you have to put back all of your things you want in there.

Over all, this is a SUPER upgrade.
    10-14-09 03:44 PM
    I just did my update through DM5 and it was a piece of cake, although it took around 45 minutes total. I have every one of my 3rd party apps, safe and sound, but I had to re-insert regist #'s on several of them. One thing I noticed is boot time is super fast and I went from 28MB free space to 38MB free space!! and I have a ton of 3rd party apps installed. One caution, QuickLaunch users, it deletes all of your settings so you have to put back all of your things you want in there.

I just finished mine about 15 min ago and so i'm still setting things up and had not been to quick launch.. can you tell me which apps you had to plug your keys back into? Overall with me the jury is still out on whether this is all that great of an upgrade or not.
    10-14-09 03:48 PM
    I just finished mine about 15 min ago and so i'm still setting things up and had not been to quick launch.. can you tell me which apps you had to plug your keys back into? Overall with me the jury is still out on whether this is all that great of an upgrade or not.
    I had to put regist #'s back into most of the games that I bought, QuickLaunch, Berry Popup, Berry Weather, I think that is it. Just in the added free space in memory it is good. Like I said, I went from 28 to 38MB free space after a reset. And even the 3rd party theme that I had on the phone was still there after the upgrade.
    10-14-09 04:07 PM
    I had to put regist #'s back into most of the games that I bought, QuickLaunch, Berry Popup, Berry Weather, I think that is it. Just in the added free space in memory it is good. Like I said, I went from 28 to 38MB free space after a reset. And even the 3rd party theme that I had on the phone was still there after the upgrade.
    I have Berry Weather too but I dont have my registration number. Where can I get it?
    10-14-09 04:13 PM
    I have Berry Weather too but I dont have my registration number. Where can I get it?
    Where did you buy it from? I bought mine through mobihand and they keep all of your apps in your Account profile with download links and the registration keys.
    10-14-09 04:15 PM

I finished my update about an hour ago (on a 8330 sprint). I've only noticed 3 minor issues after the update:
    1) The time zone was set wrong
    2) The theme was changed (I still had it on the bb and it changed back fine).
    3) I lost about half my bookmarks.

On the bookmarks, I had backed up my entire BB about a week ago so after I realized I was missing them, I used the DM (the new Mac version) to restore just the bookmarks and even this didn't work.

I noticed that the BB browser seems faster.
    10-14-09 04:24 PM
    Still No true mms support for the 8330 though, im so sick of following the links its not even funny
    10-14-09 05:06 PM
    Where did you buy it from? I bought mine through mobihand and they keep all of your apps in your Account profile with download links and the registration keys.
    Hi dollface, Do you get the precision themes on the upgrade? I did not know you had an "M" model instead of the 8330.
    10-14-09 05:33 PM
    Well here goes nothin. I'm about to backup and upgrade, hopefully everything works for me.
    10-14-09 05:47 PM
    Jury is back in for me. I am glad I fot this update. While its not "all" I want it to be, the memory is nice and its not locking up when I use BBM 5.0 like the last os had a habit of doing. So it gets kuddos from me for sure!!!

10-14-09 06:11 PM
    Hi dollface, Do you get the precision themes on the upgrade? I did not know you had an "M" model instead of the 8330.

Hi Plunker, how have you been? No, they're still the crappy Dimension themes, but after I was all done with the upgrade, the beautiful theme that I had just bought was still on the screen. Yes, a lot of the Sprint 8330 Curves are the 8330m, so we get to do MMS picture mail
    10-14-09 06:33 PM
    Just finished and got about the same things everyone else mentioned. Wrong Time Zone, lost App Serial Numbers, etc. But after I did a restore everything seems to be back to normal, except the App Serial numbers, still filling those in.

Overall I too am very happy that I upgraded. I went from like 14-18 meg freespace to over 30 meg. That in itself was well worth the time and effort.

And everything seems a lot more robust and running faster. Again Glad I updated...
    10-14-09 06:35 PM
    I was updating, left the room to do it's thing, came back, and it keeps saying it's not connected, everything is connected, did battery pull and nothing...it doesn't come up with the box anymore that says would you like to put in mass storage mode, and my computer won't recognize my phone...
    10-14-09 06:50 PM
    I completed the update from .169 to .175. Everything seems to have updated perfectly (including 3rd party apps) except my calendar which did not back up. I use Google Sync and opted to re-sync rather than use my back up file.

MVP is definitely the faster browser!!!!

I would like to see the amount of my free memory, but I am unsure where to find it. Any pointers?
    10-14-09 07:18 PM

I would like to see the amount of my free memory, but I am unsure where to find it. Any pointers?
    Kathy, go to options/Status and it should show you "File Free" with in that one.
    10-14-09 07:29 PM
    What??? I've been using it and I'm on 10.5.8
    Sorry - leopard and above - 10.5 and up. I only have tiger- 10.4

10-14-09 07:32 PM
    Kathy, go to options/Status and it should show you "File Free" with in that one.

Great Thanks!!! Mine lists the information in Bytes. How does that convert to MB?

Thanks again!
    10-14-09 07:38 PM
    I got about everything back and going. Still have to pick a new theme to use. I did not use my BB software. I used the blackberry website to install it. That must be why I got screwed. I am really lucky to have google sync or I would have been royally screwed. So if you install from the website, you are going to risk losing everything. My first thing to do is to get everything setup, then backup to my laptop.

I also need to delete all the useless apps like facebook that I got put back on my phone. I need to read the how to again on optimizing the BB.

Free space for me is 45
    The social site apps are pushed to your phone via your service books so can never permanently delete them anyways. Glad you're back on track!
    10-14-09 07:42 PM
356 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD