11-29-10 06:42 AM
61 123
tools
    Thanks, will try this first....
    07-20-10 07:04 PM
    JL_Cmder doesn't seem to want to run at all on my Windows 7 (dos screen keeps popping up then nothing, have tried numerous times).

Where is loader.exe located? I have installed desktop manager but do not see loader.exe anywhere (have searched for the file on my c?
    07-20-10 07:47 PM
    Nothing seems to work. Found loader.exe and then tried the "quickly click Next" in Apploader trick after pulling the battery, doesn't recognize anything at all. Grr.

Back to my original question, can I install a 4.5 OS using a 4.3 Download Manager?
    07-20-10 07:55 PM
    Hmmmm .... finally managed to connect using loader.exe and the battery trick. Seems to be installing the OS ... phew.

Thanks!
    07-20-10 08:13 PM
    Hi! 02 .187 is the newest OS? There's Vodafone UK .81 OS on blackberry.com.
    09-03-10 09:44 AM
    Hi! 02 .187 is the newest OS? There's Vodafone UK .81 OS on blackberry.com.
    Yes, the numbers work like the Dewey Decimal system. It continues past .99 to .100.
    09-03-10 11:09 AM
    how long does the connecting to device take ? I been updating the OS but it seems to be taking longer than 30.
    11-06-10 11:30 PM
    It shouldn't take more than 30 mins
    11-08-10 08:34 PM
    Hello, I would like to know if I can update to this OS using this procedure(thanks to BigBadWulf):
    "1. Download the above OS file to your PC then install it to your PC by double clicking the file you downloaded. (Vista users be sure to right click on the .exe file and select "Run As Adminstrator.")
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the vendor.xml file.
    3. Plug in your BB to a usb port and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same folder as the above vendor.xml file.

Don't disconnect your BB unless you get an error message, or you get a completed message. Some of the upgrade steps take a while, and it may appear to have stalled or stopped, but it has not. Be patient, and let the update load (30 - 45 minutes)."
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Pabgon; 11-28-10 at 10:57 PM.
    11-28-10 09:23 PM
    Hello, I would like to know if I can update to this OS using this procedure(thanks to BigBadWulf):
    "1. Download the above OS file to your PC then install it to your PC by double clicking the file you downloaded. (Vista users be sure to right click on the .exe file and select "Run As Adminstrator.")
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the vendor.xml file.
    3. Plug in your BB to a usb port and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same folder as the above vendor.xml file.

Don't disconnect your BB unless you get an error message, or you get a completed message. Some of the upgrade steps take a while, and it may appear to have stalled or stopped, but it has not. Be patient, and let the update load (30 - 45 minutes)."
    Thanks.
    Quite correct indeed. You're very welcome.
    11-28-10 11:08 PM
    Thanks BigBadWulf, I would also like to know if while updating using this procedure I need to be necessarily connected to the internet, I'm asking you this because in the laptop I'm thinking to use to do the update will not be connected to the web.
    Last edited by Pabgon; 11-29-10 at 08:10 AM.
    11-29-10 06:42 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD