I bought 2 x Kingston 4Gb Micro SDHC for both my BB Curve 8900 and for my girlfriends Pearl.

Hers worked first time - popped it in and done!!

Mine on the other hand, i have tried everything - even sent it back and got a replacement. It works in one of my laptops (in the card reader) but not in the other one, both run Vista.

More importantly, my phone (BB 8900 Curve) doesn't even say its there. Tried re-formatting on PC, tried FAT, tried FAT32... no matter what i try it still doesn't come up. Can anyone help?

My OS says the following:
    v4.6.1.101 (Platform 4.2.0.72)

My desktop manager says that my phone has the latest OS.

PLEASE HELP - DRIVING ME NUTS!!

Thanks
    03-09-09 08:40 AM
    Is the support for data cards enabled in your options? (Somewhere in the memory setting, where you also enable mass storage mode).

Have you ever had a memory card working in your BB?

Besides, the OS you are running is not the most recent version. OS .168 is recent, maybe installing this will fix the problem.
    03-09-09 08:50 AM
    Hi there,

I will update the OS or at least try.

The phone came with a 1Gb Sandisk which works fine so i have that in at the moment.
    03-09-09 09:07 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I will update the OS or at least try.

The phone came with a 1Gb Sandisk which works fine so i have that in at the moment.
    03-09-09 09:08 AM
    you shouldn't experiencing this problem anyways but see if the os helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 09:33 AM
    Just do a battery pull 17 times
    03-09-09 10:28 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

If you need the upgrade procedure, I have a link to it in my signature. I also have a link to the 101 lectures, which are also a great source of information.
    03-09-09 12:59 PM
    I've got Kingston 4G media card and it works without any problems.
    03-09-09 02:56 PM
    I stick with sandisk....I've had kingston product before and only worked with my tmo dash 6.0.
    in my blackberry the kingston didn't work. I stuck with the sandisk after a battery pull didn't work.
    good luck
    03-09-09 03:07 PM
    At the risk of sounding a bit dense... Where is the easiest place to download the latest OS for my phone.
    Do i use the DM?
    03-10-09 05:08 AM
    In a nutshell, you would download the OS from the sticky in this forum (in the 8900-subform). This is an .exe-file that you would execute on your PC. Then you would need to delete manually the vendor.xml-file in folder c:\programs\common files\RIM\appload (or something like that). Then you would start the DM with your BB connected to your PC and then just follow the instructions given by your DM.

But check the signature from aristile, there is a link to a very detailed thread treating this.
    03-10-09 05:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD