I have my bb profile set to off, have key tones turned off in the screen/keyboard settings, but I still get key tones when I dial out. How can I turn this off? I checked all options and settings of which I could think.

Thanks

Also, if anyone has any tips or tricks for a new BB user, I'd love to hear them. Been scouring this site and the internet for things, but I'm sure there's more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 06:44 PM
    You cant. Unless its on the I *think* quiet profile and the vibrate profile, those 2 dont make keytones on mine, the others all do.
    08-12-09 06:46 PM
    You cant. Unless its on the I *think* quiet profile and the vibrate profile, those 2 dont make keytones on mine, the others all do.
    Thats how it is on mine as well.
    08-12-09 06:47 PM
    So pretty much just edit my quiet profile to a new 'off' profile?

08-12-09 06:55 PM
    On my 8330; screen/keyboard I have key tone set to "off" and I do not get any keytone no matter what I have "profiles" set to.

08-12-09 07:01 PM
    Key tones and Dialing tones are two different things.
    08-12-09 07:04 PM
    Key tones are just a beep when you hit a number key, that's what you're turning on and off. The DIALING tone is a separate manner. Many voicemail systems need DTMF tones to be activated, it wouldn't make sense to turn the dialing tones off.
    08-12-09 07:15 PM
    On my 8330; screen/keyboard I have key tone set to "off" and I do not get any keytone no matter what I have "profiles" set to.

Same thing with my 8330 too
    08-12-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD