My keypad seems permanently locked- buttons won't work. I have taken the battery out and put it back in; my curve turns on but i can't select anything. I've tried a battery pull several times- didn't work. No damage done to it whatsoever. I can receive calls and messages but I can't answer them. Blackberry senses track ball motion, but cant select. I'm at a loss of what to do.
    10-19-08 01:15 AM
    I've had the same problem twice on two seperate curves. Both phone were replaced by Sprint. the Sprint tech said that there is a cold solder point on the circuit board that gets easily broken. When this solder breaks, only the track ball will scroll and nothing else will work. This is a serius flaw that RIM needs to address.
    10-19-08 01:26 AM
    I have never heard of this. How old is your Curve? Any chance it is still under warranty? You may need to have it replaced.
    10-19-08 01:40 AM
    It's a very common hardware problem with the curve that everyone should be aware of. A friend of mine had the same problem with his. He said that he fixed it by pressing firmly, with both thumbs, on the keypad and pushing them up towads the screen. Just search "keypad" and you will find several complaints from people having the exact same problem.
    10-19-08 03:35 AM
    Thanks for your help. My curve is only about 4 months old and is still under warranty thankfully. Went to my local Verizon store; they gave me the usual run around- did you try this or this b.s. Eventually they succumbed and are fed-exing me a new one in a couple of days. Will a cover or case prevent this from happening in the future?- suggestions?
    10-19-08 09:17 PM
    It does not sound like a cover or case would prevent this but I'm not sure. I guess the lesson here is we all need ins.
    10-19-08 10:38 PM
    I've now had my third curve keypad stop functioning. I'm getting very frustraited. After the second one broke, I thought it might be from me keeping it in my pocket. So I got a hard case for it and stopped keeping it in my pocket, yet it still broke after only two days!! I'm begining to think that it's the case of the phone. I'm still using the original titanium case that my first phone came with because they only had red cruves at the sprint store. So the swapped the cases each time they replaced the phone. I'm actuallu somewhat imbarassed to go in there tomorrow with the same problem for the third time. I'm not hard on my phone at all.
    10-22-08 12:35 AM
    the keypad and the track ball are not responding.. the phone still works fine, i recieve calls/messages/texts, etc but i cant do anything. i cant respond to anything cause the keys dont work! and the trackball doesnt either... its only a couple months old and i take good care of it.. what to do? its so annoying!!
    06-12-10 04:25 PM
    Sounds like moisture damage.
    06-12-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD