The keyboard on my BB 8900 goes to sleep after a few moments of inactivity. It will awaken with 25 or so taps on the space bar. This is a pain especially when answering thehe phone. I just recently went to the newest software. But this started about a couple of weeks later. It is not water damage. But I have dropped it many times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 11:31 AM
    Now the screen looks as if it the left half dimmed down. Is this from dropping it? And anyone one with any ideas? I am typing this on my BB but if I take to long to think it will lock me out.

08-15-11 08:47 PM
    I just dropped it again tonight. From the stupid BB branded holster. After a few hours of rechecking the keyboard is working fine. The camera button now works but the screen is still dim on the left side. I can live with this. Only a few more months till upgrade time. I think that I may go with HTC Android

08-16-11 10:14 PM
    Left half of the screen is dimmed? Yeah, physical damage. Invest in some physical therapy courses. I've dropped my phone all of five time, and only once onto anything more dense than carpet, and that was blacktop from a height of four inches, using the video camera under my car to check for exhaust leaks.
    08-21-11 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD