On the weekend when I pressed certain keys on my blackberry 8330 (on the Telus network) they wouldn't work. For example when I press 't' it would be replaced with an 'l'. I pulled out the battery and put it back in and everything seemed to work fine.

Now today this problem seems to be back but removing the battery doesn't seem to work this time.

For example: whenever I press "space" it gets replaced with "tg". This also happens when I press "b" and a few other characters.

I was thinking of re-installing the OS but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced this problem and was wondering what they had tried.

Thanks so much,
    Matt.
    09-03-08 12:29 PM
    The only time I personally experienced a similar issue was I was in a very humid area. Maybe on the verge of water damage, not sure.
    I pulled the battery and let dry for about 30 minutes and all was good.
    09-03-08 12:33 PM
    It is weird I have narrowed it down to the following keys:

T,G,V,Y,H,B and [space] all get replaced with 'tg'.
    09-03-08 12:48 PM
    sounds like your keypad membrane is messed up
    09-03-08 01:25 PM
    sounds like your keypad membrane is messed up

you could have said that a little nicer!
    09-03-08 01:26 PM
    Mmm, sounds to me might be some type of liquid damage as Gonzy explained

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 01:27 PM
    so basically my options are:

1. get a new bb
    2. get a new bb
    09-03-08 01:54 PM
    you could have said that a little nicer!

it sounds as though you might be having some problems in the keyboard membrane.

(better gonzy???)
    09-03-08 01:56 PM
    it sounds as though you might be having some problems in the keyboard membrane.

(better gonzy???)

LOL!

Yes!
    09-03-08 01:57 PM
    LOL!

Yes!

wise guy...
    09-03-08 01:59 PM
    I just noticed that if I press the key really really hard it work properly ...

sounds like a keyboard issue as you guys have described. Any way of fixing this that you have heard of? Perhaps blowing some air into the keyboard?
    09-03-08 02:40 PM
    try to see if there is a place online to buy a keyboard membrane.. i have been look but haven't found anything yet
    09-03-08 02:43 PM
    can I replace the keyboard membrane myself? sounds hardcore ...
    09-03-08 03:26 PM
    I just noticed that if I press the key really really hard it work properly ...

sounds like a keyboard issue as you guys have described. Any way of fixing this that you have heard of? Perhaps blowing some air into the keyboard?

Before you start replacing parts, there is a good way to insure you are not dealing with a moisture problem.

Remove the battery and place the device in a sealed container with some uncooked, dry Rice. Leave it in a warm place overnight.

If there is any trapped moisture, the Rice will act as a dissicant, leaving your device totaly dry.
    09-03-08 03:53 PM
    thanks so much ... I will give that a try.
    09-04-08 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD