Does anyone else get annoyed at the keyboard backlighting? I find that it doesn't really go on when it should, and even when it does, it dims and then goes off after about 20 seconds... I keep having to cover the sensor to make it come back on.

Is there a setting for this? I tried changing the setting for 'backlight timeout' and 'automatically dim backlight', but it didn't really seem to help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 01:13 AM
    I do not think you can change the keyboard backlight. It just, is.

06-23-10 02:51 AM
    There is no setting that can change this, it is changed according to the data received by the light sensor.
    06-23-10 06:51 AM
    Dang that sucks, mine is always turning off when it's too dark to type without it.

Last edited by yogi2000; 06-23-10 at 11:58 AM.
    06-23-10 11:53 AM
    If it doesn't turn off or turn on when it should, then the problem might be with the light sensor.

06-23-10 03:20 PM
    Duct tape fixes darn near everything...

06-23-10 07:16 PM
    Duct tape fixes darn near everything...

Ha, great idea! And yet another use for the stuff. Do you happen to know exactly where the sensor is? Seems like it's in the speaker where you listen when you're talking on the phone... did you duct tape that part?

06-24-10 12:14 AM
    Ha, great idea! And yet another use for the stuff. Do you happen to know exactly where the sensor is? Seems like it's in the speaker where you listen when you're talking on the phone... did you duct tape that part?

It's where the LED light is.
    06-24-10 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD