Hey Everyone:
    It's been one month since I came over from the Sprint side and got my 8350i. After some great responses from the CB forums, I decided to return to Nextel. I was a Nextel customer since 1994. I had left for Sprint and the 8830 because I needed a world phone. My impressions after returning to Nextel last month: Very positive! I have had outstanding service and really missed the walkie-talkie. Although the data speed is slower than Sprint, the WiFi makes up for it. Now that Sprint is able to combine my 5 phones on a shared plan (4 Sprint + my 8350i), billing is no longer an issue. I used to have a seperate plan for my Nextel. My bill did increase because I added the International DC. I also like having the folks from Boost service as part of our forum. If you have 1 or 2 phones, Boost is a great option for keeping costs low. I was considering the Tour or the 8350i Curve, and I'm glad I came back to Nextel. I plan on being here awhile. It seems as though Sprint has publicly renewed their commitment to Nextel and with Boost, there are millions of happy customers! I know Nextel is not without problems, but check the forums for any other BB and you will find criticism too. It would be great to see people post replies on the positive experiences they've had with their 8350i. Take care all, chesterhound

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 09:43 AM
    I did like my 8350i but I wanted a more reliable network and faster web. I want the stock 8350i theme on my 8330.
    07-24-09 04:44 PM
    It is good to see some one being positive about Nextel and the 8350i, I have been a nextel customer since 2004 and just like everything else they have gotten better with time. I was ecstatic when Nextel finally came out with the blackberry 8350i and I pre-ordered the phone, granted I'm on my second one due to loosing my external speaker on the first, but sprints customer service was phenomenal as I walked into a sprit service center and 20min later walked out with a replacement no questions asked! I have not had near as many issues with my BB as some have and this phone does everything I need it to do plus some.

07-24-09 05:02 PM
    I have with nextel along time. I almost left because I wanted a bb and not that pos they origanly had. This is my first bb and my 12th nextel phone. I have had ond minor problems that any new bb user would run into but this great family hear in 8350 land is always there with fix. Needless to say I'm happy as **** with my bb it does more than I expected and the service is great here in ny. I wouldn't trade this phone phone for the world. Or until nextel gets a better one

07-24-09 08:30 PM
    I am enjoying the 8350i very much after the 7100i. The only thing that might lure me away now would be if Rim and Nextel would get together again. Hey! A nice shiny new 8950i would be sweeeet!

07-24-09 10:35 PM
    Ms & cpu: Sounds like you are Nextel supporters too. Like you said, Ms, service is great for you and that is part of the reason you are happy with the 8350i. IMO, the 8350i is the best communication device because of the DC. It's the fastest and most convenient way to get in touch. Also, I agree with cpu, a new Nextel BB is always bound to be a hit. If you guys remember, when the 8350i was released, they were on back order due to demand! Thanks for your posts! chesterhound

07-25-09 07:17 AM
    I just got my berry back a few days ago and I have been so happy with it since the beginning. Got my themes and my music but best of all I got you guys! It feels to good to hear great minds like mines speaking so highly of what to me is the best blackberry there is! Nextel can only go up from here! We are the Nextel elite!

07-25-09 09:45 AM
    Wrong forum I know. But welcome back JLJ

07-25-09 11:25 AM
    Wuddup bow? Wrong forum you say.... I don't understand?

07-25-09 12:37 PM
    I also like the feel of the 8350i. I got the Seidio rubberized door for it, now it is a real pleasure to use. I have had a couple of occasions to call Nextel customer service recently and they seem to have come a long way. The reps take their time and do their best to resolve your issue. It also seems as though they have improved their coverage with the addition of new tower sites. I would say my 8350i is on par with my old 8830 in terms of coverage. It is also much better IMO using the DC in the car vs the regular phone. Reception is excellent and call clarity is outstanding.
    I do understand some people complaining about dropped calls if their coverage is lacking. But, again, if you look at any other device forum, there are complaints. I appreciate everyone's positive input on this thread!

chesterhound
    Last edited by chesterhound; 07-26-09 at 07:25 PM.
    07-26-09 07:17 PM
    Currently with T-mobile but I may soon join back with Nextel for the 8350i. Been with Nextel since 2002 and all I can say is Nextel is much better than anyone else. They may not have the best data speeds but they have the real PTT network
    07-28-09 10:06 AM
    I've been with Nextel since the release of the i830 which was around 1998 or so. I've had countless replacements ending up with a i880 and receantly said ****-it and upgraded to the 8350i. Had to keep the direct connect! I should've done the switch sooner! The 8350i is the best phone I've ever bought. Happy in bb land as of now!

07-28-09 11:23 AM
    Seems like a lot of Nextel appreciation here! I do agree the data speeds on iDen are slower than Sprint, but the 8350i is so much more. Fl, you are correct about PTT, every carrier is trying to match the standard set by Nextel. As I stated earlier, it's great that Sprint combines billing on Sprint/Nextel accounts for shared phones.

Nextel's sound quality is awesome too. Much more rich sounding than CDMA and especially GSM. I am very happy with my new 8350i and it appears you guys are glad to be with Nextel too!

chesterhound
    07-30-09 11:24 PM
    I was impressed with the 8350i and it was a great phone, but ended up giving it up for an 8330. I miss the 8350 because it feels like a more solid phone and the os seemed better. Coverage in my area for nextel has gone to the crapper though.

07-31-09 12:01 AM
    Hey all. I just thought that I'd jump on the Nextel appreciation bandwagon as well. I owned many different "smartphones" on almost all of the major networks and I've gotta say that my berry on Nextel is my favorite (even over the iPhone). Sure I get an occasional snag or complaint with the service but you'll get that with any phone on any carrier. Plus I love the customer service. I've also been hearing from store reps as well as customer servive reps that once Sprint moves over to 4G that the iDen network will get a huge upgrade to 3G!! How sweet would that be. That would just make my favorite phone even better to be on a much faster and better network.

08-09-09 03:49 PM
    Yes, but would our existing phones work, or would we have to upgrade those??? I'm sure they'll figure out any way to suck more money out of us..........
    08-09-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD