I have a silicone case for my bb and was curious how safe it is to keep in my pocket, because of the trackball. Will moving around in my pocket harm it at all?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 04:08 PM
    I think it would be safer overall in a sleeve but that is just me personally. The biggest issue I have seen with pocket packers is lint getting under the lens/screen. Not something I would be a fan of....... Good luck
    03-05-09 04:10 PM
    I don't like to throw my BB in my pocket...i'm afraid i'll sit down the wrong way and put too much pressure on my screen or just phone overall..not including the lint, keys or whatever else you would normally throw in there..

I usually run a skin with BB pouch combo...i'll take the skin off if i'm around carpet or something of that nature so if it drops it's not a big deal...but once i'm outside or in stores ect...skin is back on in the pouch lol
    03-05-09 04:15 PM
    No with a skin on it should be fine. However for $7 I would recommend a best skins ever. Its cheap and In my opinion works really well.
    03-05-09 04:17 PM
    No with a skin on it should be fine. However for $7 I would recommend a best skins ever. Its cheap and In my opinion works really well.
    Tried the combo but it won't fit in the pouch with the silicone on lol

Anyway you got around that or do you have a super thin skin?

03-05-09 04:34 PM
    Pocket lint is also h3ll on the trackball mechanism as well.
    03-05-09 04:37 PM
    yea i too am cautious of this i only put it in my pocket for short periods of time when ive cleaned out all lint and pocket is empty. i use a silicone skin and just carry it or put it in a coat pocket i never sit down wit it in my pocket. id recommend one the the seidio soft touch hard cases(or innocase) they feel like silicone but are hard and have a line that goes acroos between trackball and screen and sticks up further than trackball and keys so no pressure is put on them. plus is great protection i have a black one for mine when i need to keep it in my pocket.
    03-05-09 04:45 PM
    With my old 8300 I had a ton of dust under the screen from pocketing it. I got it when the curve was first introduced and in my opinion the build quality was not up to today's standards.

Since I got the 8310 I have not had any dust issues (knock on wood). I have an invisible shield for every day scratch protection. When I pocket my berry I use a silicon skin.

03-05-09 04:56 PM
    With my old 8300 I had a ton of dust under the screen from pocketing it. I got it when the curve was first introduced and in my opinion the build quality was not up to today's standards.

Since I got the 8310 I have not had any dust issues (knock on wood). I have an invisible shield for every day scratch protection. When I pocket my berry I use a silicon skin.

Yeah I have a screen protector too so I'm not too worried about dust under the screen. However you do pocket yours with just a skin and you have had no other problems?

03-05-09 05:06 PM
    Yeah I have a screen protector too so I'm not too worried about dust under the screen. However you do pocket yours with just a skin and you have had no other problems?

I have no problems at all.

03-05-09 05:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD