so I just won a curve 8900 from ebay, the seller has great pics up and says the device is brand new and never used. So is there anything i should ask the seller?What about the pin and IMEI numbers, is that a concern with the device being brand new?I will be returning once i get the device to set up and check out all the FAQ. thanks
    08-25-09 09:10 AM
    Yes, just because it says its brand new does not mean the PIN is ok to be active. I would get the information from the seller, and then run it through your carrier to make sure its not blacklisted (aka lost or stolen)
    08-25-09 09:12 AM
    ok so wait, i need to call tmobile with the Pin and IMEI to see if its ok to use?I havent bought it yet, I want to wait before doing so, just want to make sure Im doing everything correct?If not I will just pay the extra money buy the phone through tmobile and not have to be bothered with doing all this other crap. Who do I talk to at tmobile and what do i tell them
    08-25-09 09:16 AM
    ok so wait, i need to call tmobile with the Pin and IMEI to see if its ok to use?I havent bought it yet, I want to wait before doing so, just want to make sure Im doing everything correct?If not I will just pay the extra money buy the phone through tmobile and not have to be bothered with doing all this other crap. Who do I talk to at tmobile and what do i tell them
    Just call customer service, tell them you are interested in purchasing a phone from someone and want to make sure the device is ok to be activated on their network with full functionality.

Then give them the information, at least that's what I do with Verizon.
    08-25-09 09:19 AM
    ok, thanks, i just sent the seller a message asking her for those 2 things, hopefully she will get back to me sometime today. Dont want to purchase the phone w/o knowing this
    08-25-09 09:22 AM
    Yeah, wouldnt want to see you purchase something you couldnt use fully. I am pretty sure you would be able to use it but if the pin is recorded as lost or stolen they wont connect it to their data network for you.
    08-25-09 09:24 AM
    Make sure its not a 8900 Chinese knock off. They're notorious lately.
    08-25-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD