I recently purchased an 8320. First BB ive ever had. Ive been sold on the hype of browsing simply over wifi and all that. But I have been unable to use any of the apps such as google maps, sync, yahoo msgr, google talk, blackberry maps, etc.

So my question is: what CAN i do with this phone? Must I sign up for the $30 internet package through tmobile in order to get anything out of this phone?
    07-30-09 08:39 PM
    You can do stuff, you are just limited, and IMO the 30 bucks package from tomobile is more than worth it, the apps dont work as well, or at all on wifi sadly, sooooo, that being said, to take full advantage of the BB, Id get the data package, you'll be a happy camper
    07-30-09 08:40 PM
    Got it. Thanks for the quick reply. Whats the best way to transfer all of my contacts to the ph?

You can do stuff, you are just limited, and IMO the 30 bucks package from tomobile is more than worth it, the apps dont work as well, or at all on wifi sadly, sooooo, that being said, to take full advantage of the BB, Id get the data package, you'll be a happy camper
    07-30-09 08:43 PM
    Well, id personally sync to outlook if you have it, or google sync, that way youd have a copy, but you have a sim yes? just pop that in.
    07-30-09 08:45 PM
    Not all apps will run off wifi, I learned the same lesson you are learning now. I realized very quickly that most of the features I wanted to use needed data. I am glad I got data, been playing ever since the first day, and haven't looked back. I think its worth the money. Otherwise I don't think you'll enjoy your phone very much. Most carriers won't sell a BB without a data plan..Good Luck..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 08:47 PM
    Without data plan you should still be able to connect to wifi. So if you have wireless at home/office you can still connect to internet and such, but ya its going to suck with apps. you should still be able to get your emails via wifi. Guess without the data plan its time to learn the local wifi hotspots.
    07-30-09 08:50 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/ maybe this will help you if you aren't familiar with the wifi part of the phone.
    07-30-09 08:56 PM
    You still need a data plan for email access... even over WiFi.
    07-30-09 09:18 PM
    I think if you buy a phone from sprint you have to have a data plan. Kind of like a car with no tires..
    07-30-09 09:37 PM
    The age old question comes into play here...
    "What's the point of having a BB without data?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 01:03 AM
    basically, a BB without a dataplan is like a palm pilot with a phone built in =)
    08-02-09 01:11 AM
    Take it from me, I thought I'd be okay without a BB plan, then got slapped with a $700 phone bill for going over my data plan, this was AT&T though t mobile might be cheaper. This months bill is $500 cause I switched the plan mid month and got pro rated charges. Next month should be straight though.
    08-02-09 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD