well,

its about time, I upgraded to a 2 yr contract extension, and got the Javelin shipped for 167.99 plus 5.99 shipping standard ground

I have been a tmo customer since 2002, and even before that with voicestream and way back when....

but, they say the customer service line doesn't bargain price....any one find any different?

also, I dont have to pay for it till november, it will go on my tmo bill...the biggest reason to do it! hahaha

so, I have another line I can do an upgrade to....I might do this thru a tmo authorized reseller and negotiate for a better price...

so, whaddya think? should I have waited for 3g? or, paid 50 dollars more to get a one year upgrade, so I could "get the future models" at a discount?

well, anywho, its in the mail, and I am sure I will see a performance jump over the 83xx curve I have now..... I am stoked about that!

thoughts?

thanks!

big al
    09-11-09 08:02 AM
    You are going to love the 8900 I came from the 8310, and it is a HUGE difference. As far as paying more money for the upgrade in a year, I might have, but I change phones very often, everytime a new BB comes out I think about buying it.
    09-11-09 08:06 AM
    You will see a huge jump in performance.....You could try and upgrade... but basically you are just spreading out the payments over the 2 year contract.

You have 14 days to return the phone.... you can try a retailer to see what they will give you and CS can negotiate the plan, but sometimes they will not based on the number of lines and your cost to leave (early termination fees). If you have no line under contract you have the most bargaining power.

I would have waited a few more weeks if you can stand it and see what the release date for the 9700 is, but once you open the 8900 and start playing I dont think you will be able to go back to the 8320....LOL
    09-11-09 08:11 AM
    yah, I have always gotten 2 yr extensions, then kicked myself in a year kinda thing....

the 8900! cant wait! even tho my fiance will prolly end up with it for now...hahaha ladies first!

al
    09-11-09 08:12 AM
    upgraded to the 8320 + 2 year, upgraded to the 8900 + 2 year upgraded to the mytouch +2 years hahahaha all this within a year. 8900 has a **** of lot more memory then the 8320 and mucho faster
    09-11-09 11:11 AM
    If T-Mobile doesn't have 3G in your area, then you aren't losing much by not waiting on the 9700.

I was thinking of switching to T-Mo, but no 3G where I live.
    09-11-09 01:10 PM
    i saw you have the mytouch...do you still have it? how does it compare to the 8900?
    I Tried out the MyTouch for a few weeks... The two devices are so different they don't really compare to each other. I am back with my 8900 since the full keyboard and blackberry outlook integration is so much better.... a few other things that I can not think of right now, but the MyTouch is more like a toy phone/Iphone....The 8900 or BBs are more of a workhorse instant communication device. (I know it sounds cliche...but it is true)

I did like the MyTouch and would have kept it as a back up phone... but $400 was too much for a backup.
    Last edited by ClintRo; 09-11-09 at 01:22 PM.
    09-11-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD