I dont know if this is the right place to post this but is it just my phone or t-mobile but i'm stuck on GPRS. What's going on here does anyone know?
    09-15-09 10:38 AM
    I had that issue once before and I contacted T-Mobile. Your cell tower may have been recently updated. What I was instructed to do was pull both my battery and my sim card for 30 seconds. It worked. Maybe it'll work for you....
    09-15-09 11:02 AM
    Try the battery pull.... I am in FL and have EDGE service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 11:13 AM
    I tried both of your suggestions. None have worked, but thanks for the tips. I noticed that i get EDGE when I'm outside, ihave no idea why since i usually have no problem getting reception at my house. I'll probably call t-mobile and complain about it. I'll prbably threaten to leave if i dont get the new bb 9700 for free. Lol do u think this would work?
    09-15-09 12:13 PM
    Also does anyone else have trouble taking your sim out of the 8900?
    09-15-09 12:16 PM
    Try a battery pull and see if that works....is not T-Mobile because i have a Bold with T-mobile and Im on EDGE

Maybe is around your area
    09-15-09 12:19 PM
    yeah it's probably my area because 3 people i know are having the same problem. But i have quickpull and it does a battery pull overnight and it's been this way since yesterday. But I'm still able to do everything except that the internet is super slow now
    09-15-09 12:25 PM
    Are you in a bunker?? LOL
    09-15-09 12:32 PM
    Lol no. But what's that thing that's supposed to be happening today? I read somewhere that September 15 is the day that something is supposed to happen, is this that something?
    09-15-09 12:34 PM
    I have no idea.... but i did use the bathroom today....is that what was supposed to happen???? hahahahaha JK sorry :P
    09-15-09 01:10 PM
    im having the same issue (queens ny). Noticed since yesterday. I think its t-mobile because once I go elsewhere I get back to edge
    09-15-09 01:34 PM
    Hmmm I haven't noticed any changes at all. My browser was slow this morning, did a battery pull and its great now. idk.
    09-15-09 01:52 PM
    ooops, there is no blame to t-mobile, i have many times experiences and also i know lots of people in China have same question like you.

I think that radio modul with 8900 is not suitable for EDGE because once the signal lost, 8900 cannot reconnecting automatically. That is means rom design have a bug.
    09-17-09 02:19 AM
    Mine disconnects and reconnects just fine....I dont think it is a hardware issue or this thread would be 100 pages long and not just 13 posts.
    09-17-09 07:29 AM
    Well I got EDGE back, don't know if anyone else was having this problem other than me and NextGenius but I'm pretty sure it was only in the NY area. It better not happen again or else there will be consequences! Like me using another phone! But for now I'll go back to listening to marylin manson.... and no I'm not goth! I'm pretty sure someone was wondering that...
    09-17-09 09:18 AM
    hahaha... nice blame the phone....
    09-17-09 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD