OK, so I'm thinking to myself in the shower today. This is the exciting life I live, by the way.

I'm wondering if the OS in the pearl and curve are similar enough that applications can be transferred/shared.

Specifically, I'm wondering if we can identify the video recorder files for the Pearl and plop 'em into the "Shared" folder on the desktop installation for the Curve and update the handheld's OS using the desktop app. to install the capability on the Curve.

Make sense? Or did I pick the wrong day to give up quaaludes?
    02-29-08 09:03 AM
    People probably would have been doing this if it were possible.
    02-29-08 09:19 AM
    Kind of what I was guessing, but hey, someone has to have the idea first.

And maybe I'm the only guy with this exciting a life.

But maybe not. Like I said, pulled from my nether regions.
    02-29-08 09:21 AM
    i tryed to do this coulnt realy find the code for the video. i also tryed this a wile a go for the making a folder on the curve when i had my 8800 and did some realy cool stuff. not saying it worked or any thing. i still think it would work. if i had the time i would do this.

ps MAKE A BACK UP FRIST you can always wipe the handheald and start over
    02-29-08 10:11 AM
    I was contemplating that exact thing, but I'm kind of a sissy when it comes to the prospect of jacking around with my BB. I just got one for the first time, love it unnaturally. V Day gift from my girl. She loves me, huh?

If I could decipher java and BlackBerry-ese and figure out what the filenames all meant, maybe.
    02-29-08 11:50 AM
    just downloade the 8130 and check out the platfourm and the blackberry .alx
    02-29-08 11:59 AM
    It makes sense that RIM would develop one video subsystem for use in a range of products. Odds are good the hack can be done.
    02-29-08 12:05 PM
    Exactly what I was contemplating, but I gotta confess that I'm a total amateur when it comes to programming languages or anything like that. I get that the .alx and .cod files are basically the applications, but beyond that . . . duuuuhhhhhh!
    02-29-08 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD