Jawbone 2 is awesome! It's probably the best headset I've ever used. With that said, Jawbone 2 and UMA calling don't like each other. Whenever I'm on my Jawbone 2, I get the "call failed" signal when trying to make a phone call in the UMA mode. I thought there was something wrong with my JB2 but after doing some research, here is what I came up with. This is taken directly from the Jawbone 2 FAQ from their website:

"We have received reports from Blackberry Curve 8320 users who have seen a "Call Failed" message while using the Jawbone headset. This only happens when connected to UMA (Unlicensed Mobile Access). UMA provides access to GSM and GPRS mobile services over WiFi. This allows the phone to make calls using WiFi connection.

We believe that the conflict is caused by both devices operating at the same frequency (2.4 GHz), thus causing interference.

To isolate this issue, be sure to confirm that the Jawbone works while the Blackberry is on a cellular (non-WiFi) network. You can verify this by moving out of the WiFi's range or temporarily disabling WiFi on the phone.

While we continue to investigate this issue, we recommend you visit the Blackberry support site and see if they can suggest a software update to work around this issue.

Please note that other Bluetooth headsets may be affected by this identical issue when used with the Blackberry Curve 8320."
    Last edited by chunj99; 07-08-08 at 07:17 PM.
    07-08-08 07:09 PM
    interesting... i recently picked up a JB2 for the wife (i get it when the gold JB2 one pops mid july) she's been using it for about 2 weeks. she has had absolutely no probs with it so far. we also have our home wifi hooked to it as well

*home wifi to both of our 8320's
    Last edited by Flightmonkey; 07-08-08 at 08:00 PM. Reason: *clarification
    07-08-08 07:58 PM
    Same here... Been using it for about a month now... No problems at all...
    07-08-08 08:21 PM
    Hmmm that's strange... Why are only certain people experiencing this problem?
    07-08-08 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD