hey there and thanks to all for making a site such as this. I just recently got my first blackberry in some rather unusual circumstances I was at the ATT store ready to raise **** about my cell phone being a peice of crap (the LG shine) not the curve when a younger couple was in there setting up there new Iphone and the guy offered me his BB for $40 how could I pass that up a blackberry curve for a whopping $40. I am just in need of some of the more advanced fun things you can do with it I am slowly learning all of the bells and whistles to this new phone so any help would greatly be appreciated. I was reading a thread on here about how to use it as a modem and not getting anywhere with your instructions and was wondering so I called ATT tech support and it seems to me the only way to do that is to get the $30 a month tethering package I was kinda hoping one of you all would have an alternative to this anyways thank you all for the help now and any in the future
    08-29-09 12:48 PM
    With some providers we have unlimited data, so it's easier to get away with tethering without paying an extra fee for it, but I don't think ATT is one of those providers, and if you get caught, they could send you a HUGE bill because they charge you per MB used.

Others with more knowledge will chime in I'm sure, but in your case, I don't think doing it is best advised.
    08-29-09 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD