I am new to crackberry even though I have been reading the forum before getting my Curve.

I have two quick questions.

How do I raise the volume of my ringer? Even on the Loud profile, it is not very loud. I tried the profile advance setting and options, but did not see anything.

Also, my sms text seem to be limited to the amount of characters I can enter. My friend has a curve on tmo and says she can enter as much as she wants. Did verizon cripple texting (limiting the amount of characters)? My old phone I could enter 160 characters; haven't counted the Curve. Is there a way I can change the amount of characters that I can send?

Thanks. Definitely addicted after just 3 days. I already prefer to check email on the Curve over my laptop that sits right in front of me all day.
    08-12-08 07:00 AM
    You can go to options and make sure the volume is set to high that's about all you can do for the ringer. And on the text part. You are limited to 160 characters. All you can do is break it up into multiple messages or creat an email

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 07:08 AM
    Welcome! I just got my bb about hmm 5 days ago. SO that make me 2 days OLDER than U!
    The ringer level: on top right have volume keys. Just push up and up.soo loud I had to turn it down! Another cool thing: you can make your own ring tone by using your media center, music that you download to your BB, right click it. Make it ring tone. So depends on your mood, your ring tone can be change. So cool!

SMS: I don't know much about it. Because I use BBM and Yahoo IM. Hardly txt!

Enjoy it! I love bb, far better than Iphone <~ I am the ex-iphone owner!
    08-12-08 07:50 AM
    Verizon sms only supports 160 characters. If you want to send more you'll need to compose it as an mms message. The vzw doesn't have the feature where it will auto create a new text if you go over the 160 - I think that's what you are talking about.

As far as the ringer I'm not sure mine is pretty loud but I guess bc I'm coming from an 8830 it might be throwing my judgment off.
    08-12-08 08:01 AM
    Thanks.

Definitely going to try the custom ringtones; I am going to wait until I get a memory card though, because I may go a little crazy on ringtones.
    08-12-08 08:02 AM
    Thanks, definitely going to try the custom ringtones.
    08-12-08 08:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD