Okay, I just downgraded my wife's 8330 from 4.5 to 4.3 because Empower BES MailBox does not support 4.5. I did the entire process on her work PC because I wanted to VPN in to her network and have Outlook open to see if I could get around redoing the Enterprise Activation. I followed this procedure step-by-step, including the backup and restore. When I was done, everything appears to have been restored and synced with my wife's Outlook at work - emails, calendar, but NOT the contacts. The address book on the phone is completely empty, yet all her contacts are there in Outlook. And since new emails sent to her work address are being delivered to the phone, I assume I don't need to redo Enterprise Activation.

My question is, why aren't contacts being synced, and how do I get the contacts back on the phone? I can't sync via USB cable to the PC since I'm activated on the BES, right? Or no?
    10-23-08 08:35 PM
    I can help you. You can't sync with the USB cable, but you don't need to. And it sounds like you successfully avoided having to reactivate the Enterprise. Search the forum for a post by me yesterday that includes the phrase "Desktop [SYNC]." That post has the detailed steps you need to follow. Basically, you're going to delete the SYNC service book, reboot by pulling the battery, and undelete the service book. That will restore the OTA sync.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 08:59 PM
    Thanks, Jeff, that worked! But it appears this was all for not. I just redownloaded BES MailBox and I still have no unread message count, and it's still flashing the inbox for my BIS account for a half-second before displaying BES emails. <heavy sigh>
    10-23-08 09:14 PM
    I'm sorry I can't help you with that. I don't have any experience with Empower. Try searching the forum for empower error or something that describes what you're seeing and see if someone else may have experienced it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-08 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD