sorry if these have been asked before
    1) the easy one first. i have the blueant z9i headset. is there a way for custom ringtones and music to play through it? i can't find that option anywhere.

2) i want to delete the aol and yahoo messenger icons from my phone. i've deleted them in the service books a few times now but they keep showing back up. i looked in the apps list and they are not there. so how do i delete these since i don't use those im services?
    thanx
    09-19-09 11:51 AM
    sorry if these have been asked before
    1) the easy one first. i have the blueant z9i headset. is there a way for custom ringtones and music to play through it? i can't find that option anywhere.

2) i want to delete the aol and yahoo messenger icons from my phone. i've deleted them in the service books a few times now but they keep showing back up. i looked in the apps list and they are not there. so how do i delete these since i don't use those im services?
    thanx
    1. No, not with this phone at the current time. Custom ring tones do not ring through bluetooth devices. If anyones found different, post it. Typically the bluetooth devices ringtone is what plays.

2. Best way is to just highlight the icon (scroll to it) and hit your menu button. Then click hide. It's still 'there' but you'll never see it. Some services seem hardcoded into the operating system, and you'll never completely delete them.
    09-19-09 12:02 PM
    it's funny my first headset (which was a jabra) played custom ring tones through it, but this upgraded headset doesn't. so i figured it was an option i had to turn on.

i guess i could hide the icons, but i should be able to delete them. no need for them to take up space
    thanx for the inf though
    09-19-09 12:11 PM
    ever since day one not one person had a custom ringtone play through the BT.... are you sure it was the 8350i?
    09-19-09 01:07 PM
    it's the only bb i've ever had. not sure why but it did.
    09-19-09 03:26 PM
    Must be a BB thing because this same headset on a i580 plays the custom ringtone thru the BT.
    09-20-09 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD