I see people have posted the main specs for the new Javelin, but I was wondering if anyone knew a few more of the differences between the Javelin and the Bold.....mainly if the Javelin will work with iTunes too, and if the Javelin video recorder will be at 30fps like it's big brother "The All Knowing Great BOLD".
    I have fallen in love so much with all of my past BB's, that I think I can deal without the Bold's 3G, if the Javelin matches up with some of its other bell's and whistles. Does anyone else feel that way, or am I just the outsider that is excited about the Javelin?
    08-15-08 05:46 PM
    I see people have posted the main specs for the new Javelin, but I was wondering if anyone knew a few more of the differences between the Javelin and the Bold.....mainly if the Javelin will work with iTunes too, and if the Javelin video recorder will be at 30fps like it's big brother "The All Knowing Great BOLD".
    I have fallen in love so much with all of my past BB's, that I think I can deal without the Bold's 3G, if the Javelin matches up with some of its other bell's and whistles. Does anyone else feel that way, or am I just the outsider that is excited about the Javelin?
    I'm not so sure this required a seperate thread, but ok. You can use itunes on current day devices so I see NO reason why RIM would take a step backwards. As far as the Vid recorder, I won't post the exact specs. The Javelin is running a higher OS than the Bold.
    Also, the Javelin does more than just "match up" with the Bold. It exceeds the Bold in many respects. Most really. Only a little higher processor, and 3G. I'm not going to say for sure, but common sense would say the Bold might have a little more overall memory considering it uses HSDPA, but the Jav has more usable memory for apps. If you can live without 3G, the Javelin is DEFINITELY
    the device to get.
    08-15-08 06:58 PM
    I appreciate the info. I'm very new to the BB world, as I was ****-bent on Window Mobile and Palm's for years with work....but since I got my first BB less than a year ago, I have gone out and got all the current ones (Pearl, Curve, and the 8820)....and I only use my old phones for table coasters or to try to pawn them off on my friends so I can get up the funds to grab the Javelin and the Bold when they come out!
    I figured any format of music would work with the new BB's coming out, but I am just hoping that the video is up there at 30fps....and that someone comes out with a true SD Card GPS program (like my old TomTom) that will work on BB's, so I don't have to pay for all these Java Navigation programs. and Internet (But I heard that Garmin has software that works with BB...correct?)
    Thanks again for the heads up, and anything else you can share, add, or shed light on for a BB Virgin would be appreciated!
    08-15-08 11:32 PM
    08-16-08 02:57 AM
    I was just in the Cayman Islands and I came across a RIM employee that told me to look out for a Javelin that will go by the number of 9220 and that will have some kind of special high speed data connection that he could not elaborate on. I know that most of the XX20's have wifi, but he said this one would be different somehow, but that of course he couldn't elaborate. We were both on a dive of the East End of Grand Cayman when we got to talking about what we do for a living. I feel sorry for the guy, because i hounded the spit out of him for as much info as I could get. He was a really nice guy. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know. Hope to see something about it soon.
    Last edited by kasperapd; 08-18-08 at 10:33 AM.
    08-18-08 12:34 AM
    I was just in the Cayman Islands and I came across a RIM employee that told me to look out for a Javelin that will go by the number of 9220 and that will have some kind of special high speed data connection that he could not elaborate on. I know that most of the XX20's have wifi, but he said this one would be different somehow, but that of course he couldn't elaborate. We were both on a dive of the East End of Grand Cayman when we got to talking about what we do for a living. I feel sorry for the guy, because i hounded the spit out of him for as much info as I could get. He was a really nice guy. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know. Hope to see something about it soon.
    You are the 3rd or 4th person to confirm this. Wish I could pipe in, but...
    08-18-08 11:02 AM
    You are the 3rd or 4th person to confirm this. Wish I could pipe in, but...
    but......let me guess, you haven't had enough time playing around with it? You seem to have them or played around with all the new blackberries...geez.
    08-18-08 06:03 PM
    but......let me guess, you haven't had enough time playing around with it? You seem to have them or played around with all the new blackberries...geez.
    Good one...
    08-18-08 06:14 PM
    *********EDIT************
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 08-19-08 at 08:14 AM.
    08-18-08 06:56 PM
    The iTunes is a feature of the 4.6/5.0 operating system combined with the BlackBerry Media Sync desktop software, I don't think it is device specific as long as the device supports 4.6 and 5.0.

As for the 30fps recording with the Bold. The Javelin has a 3.2mp camera, therefore I can't see the recording being worse than the Bold with a 2.0mp camera.
    08-18-08 10:33 PM
    A good part of me wants to say go back to BBF. But why do you have to slight me bro? What have I ever done to you? Nothing. If it wasn't a slight towards me, I apologize, but I'm pretty sure I read it correctly.
    That wasn't a slight, I was just saying you seem to get all the new devices months before is all. Basically saying you were lucky. Sorry if you took that wrong, no harm meant.
    08-19-08 05:45 AM
    anyone know if the jav will have full html browsing?
    08-22-08 11:48 AM
    anyone know if the jav will have full html browsing?
    Not too sure. I believe the Niagara will though considering it's rumored to be running 4.7.
    08-22-08 11:57 AM
    i see. 4.7. interesting. thank you for the help
    08-23-08 12:05 PM
    Hey i was just wondering if the Javelin will have a glass screen rather than the traditional plastic one? and this is really more for Crucial_xtreme, i noticed that your listed device changed from 9000 to 9100. What exactly is the 9100? ive never heard of it before, something new? and i understand that you have a r&d model, i duno if you have any new pics of it, if you did have some could you please post them, it was be great to see some more pics of it.
    08-24-08 06:27 PM
    Hey i was just wondering if the Javelin will have a glass screen rather than the traditional plastic one? and this is really more for Crucial_xtreme, i noticed that your listed device changed from 9000 to 9100. What exactly is the 9100? ive never heard of it before, something new? and i understand that you have a r&d model, i duno if you have any new pics of it, if you did have some could you please post them, it was be great to see some more pics of it.
    x2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-26-08 09:08 AM
    He/She changed it again, dang it.
    08-26-08 04:27 PM
    He/She changed it again, dang it.
    Crucial_Xtreme is a guy, bro.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 08-26-08 at 10:07 PM.
    08-26-08 10:05 PM
    Crucial_X is a guy, first of all.

Secondly, he cannot disclose information left and right. He is still under an NDA of some sort. I would assume that any sort of pictures are off limits... and a lot of important information he does know at this point... is not being shared on CB!
    08-26-08 10:22 PM
    Crucial_Xtreme is a guy, bro.
    Crucial_X is a guy, first of all.

Secondly, he cannot disclose information left and right. He is still under an NDA of some sort. I would assume that any sort of pictures are off limits... and a lot of important information he does know at this point... is not being shared on CB!
    You guys do realize I can not make an assumption based off a name right? Besides, I though he was a guy, but than I saw him a comment about Apollo Creeds body, so I thought it he was a female. But, um...now I know

Ok, back on topic
    08-27-08 09:51 AM
    Lol, yeah I made that sexy comment..lmao...but was only playing. No problem bro, its cool.. I've called a chic a bro before and she(bluepearl) let me have it..

Back to the Jav, I can tell you that it is one BAD-A$ $ device. Even though my 9000 is buggy, it wouldn't matter, I would still use the Javelin!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 10:54 AM
    Lol, yeah I made that sexy comment..lmao...but was only playing. No problem bro, its cool.. I've called a chic a bro before and she(bluepearl) let me have it..

Back to the Jav, I can tell you that it is one BAD-A$ $ device. Even though my 9000 is buggy, it wouldn't matter, I would still use the Javelin!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Sorry about the confusion, but thank you for your support to the forum and I didn't mean anything by my comment. Thank God you have a sense of humor.
    08-27-08 11:24 AM
    Just reading some of the posts here....

So, what I gather so far is that the Javelin (BB 9300) is a comparable device to the Bold, or rather the equivalent/possible replacement for the 8320 Curve?

If I upgrade, I plan on getting a BB that is surpasses my 8320. I will give my phone to my wife and take the Bold or Javelin.

Just trying to get a side by side comparison of the two so I can make a decision when they are available. I know the Bold is available but I want to know how the new line of BBs are!
    08-31-08 01:01 PM
    Do we know anything about the Javelin's battery
    I can only guess it's not as big as the Bold's, and maybe smaller
    than a 83XX's.

Crucial_Xtreme or anyone else that might know?
    09-03-08 12:10 PM
    Do we know anything about the Javelin's battery
    Yes we do----->
    09-03-08 12:15 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD