I have a pearl now and love it.

I kinda like the Javelin, but I don't like the big size of a curve. Anyone know the size difference between a Pearl and Javelin? I know it'll be wider, but by how much?
    09-21-08 04:40 PM
    Theres quite a bit of difference between the two devices. If you search through both respective forums you can find the information you're looking for. Below is a link to another thread in the Javelin form that has the Jav and the Pearl Flip side by side. Search is a good habit to have.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/mo...ictures-67081/
    09-21-08 05:57 PM
    The Pearl, Pearl Flip, Curve and Javelin all have distinct aspects... look around and read up on each device!

If you like a SureType Keyboard layout and a smaller form factor, then the flip may be your best bet. If you are looking for a QWERTY keypad with a little more processing power, then the Jav would be better. Whatever floats your boat
    09-21-08 06:02 PM
    Get both like me!

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [[email protected]]

--HeavyC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 09:55 PM
    Get both like me!

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [[email protected]]

--HeavyC.

It's so tempting!
    09-21-08 10:31 PM
    Javelin hands down the pearl flip is for females sorry

03-23-09 06:20 PM
    Javelin hands down the pearl flip is for females sorry

That would work for the OP since she is a female.
    03-23-09 06:22 PM
    Now w/ 8900, I came from a Pearl also. The size transition was not a big deal, w/ the performance trade off you're getting. The 8900 is a much sleeker and easier on the eyes than it's predecesor. If you give it an in-store whirl, the Pearl flip will not even touch the 'anything' of a Javelin.

03-23-09 06:27 PM
    Now w/ 8900, I came from a Pearl also. The size transition was not a big deal, w/ the performance trade off you're getting. The 8900 is a much sleeker and easier on the eyes than it's predecesor. If you give it an in-store whirl, the Pearl flip will not even touch the 'anything' of a Javelin.

Well, I can see that. The Flip would not be my cup of Earl Grey; I have always abhorred Flip phones, so I really could not do a Flip BB.
    03-23-09 06:29 PM
    I have a pearl now and love it.

I kinda like the Javelin, but I don't like the big size of a curve. Anyone know the size difference between a Pearl and Javelin? I know it'll be wider, but by how much?
    First you type you don't like the size of the curve, and then you want to know the size differences... LOL... if you don't like the size of the Curve stay with the Pearl.... I'm sure some day they will make a better pearl.
    03-23-09 06:30 PM
    I switched from a pearl to the 8900 and it was no big deal. I was worried about the size as well, but I really can't tell in my pocket. All the upgrades of the 8900 are great, but having a qwerty rocks.
    Personally I don't like the look of the pearl flip.

03-24-09 08:15 AM
    I went from a pearl to a curve... and I love it....IMO the size difference is not that big!!!
    03-24-09 08:19 AM
    well, my dad has the pearl, and i got my first blackberry yesterday and from what he says curves better XD
    03-24-09 11:17 AM
    I came to the 8900 from the Pearl and it's honestly not that big of a difference to me, size wise. But performance wise? They aren't even comparable.
    03-24-09 11:28 AM
    Get the Javelin. Dont ask questions just get it, trust me. I think most of us used to have Pearls at some point and believe me, you will love this phone so much better. They are not even comparable IMO

and Oh yeah, the Javelin honestly is like half an inch wider then the Pearl thats it. AND its still the sleekest and the lightest Blackberry on the market so keep that in mind
    Last edited by KingofHeart4711; 03-24-09 at 01:30 PM.
    03-24-09 01:27 PM
    I would suggest going to a Tmobile store and testing both phones out. You'll at least decide which one feels better to you.

03-24-09 05:25 PM
    Indeed testing both is best but I went from an 8100 to an 8900 and other than the typing difference, I wouldn't look back. It has taken me a while to get used to full qwerty. But benefits *far* exceed any cons. And beyond that, I would take an 8120 over an 8220. Running 4.6 on the 312 processor is not a good idea IMO. Once you go Jav, you never go back.

03-24-09 05:43 PM
    8900 hands down the killer screen alone should be enough to convince you.
    03-24-09 05:47 PM
    If the larger size isn't an issue for you the 8900 is hands down the better of the two phones
    03-24-09 05:56 PM
    I went from a pearl to a curve... and I love it....IMO the size difference is not that big!!!

I also went from Pearl to a Curve and haven't looked back since.
    03-24-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD