I'm trying to access a site that requires Java to be installed in order to run an applet. I am not able to. Everything I have read states that Java is not supported on the Blackberry. Looking at the phone information it states that he device is Java Powered.
    Can anyone tell me if running java applets from the browser is possible on a Blackberry Curve 8530? If I can't run Java Applets, this device is useless to me.
    I already know this problem is not a result of not enabling JavaScript. The problem I'm having has nothing to do with JavaScript.
    Any information or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    06-09-10 08:16 PM
    There is no flash for BlackBerry at this time.
    06-09-10 08:23 PM
    When you say flash, I assume you mean embeded object?
    06-09-10 08:37 PM
    To be clear, I can access this site with no problems from a PC if and only if Java is installed on that PC. If I access the site from a PC that does not have Java installed, I receive the same experience as I currently am on my BlackBerry, which is a splash screen stating Applet Loading...
    But nothing actually happens.
    06-09-10 08:43 PM
    To be clear, I can access this site with no problems from a PC if and only if Java is installed on that PC. If I access the site from a PC that does not have Java installed, I receive the same experience as I currently am on my BlackBerry, which is a splash screen stating Applet Loading...
    But nothing actually happens.
    The site you are referring to probably needs Adobe Flash. It will not run on the BlackBerry.
    06-09-10 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD