Does anyone here know if java apps have direct access to the bluetooth stack? Because I was trying to install the "super bluetooth hack" and it was failing because it was a "invalid jar." If this is true I am wondering if there is an application I can run to create a layer between the java app and the bt stack so I will have access to its functionallity.
    07-05-08 04:06 PM
    dumb question....

what is the "super Bluetooth hack?"
    07-05-08 04:08 PM
    You missed the point, the question was: On the blackberry Curve -- do Jacva applications have direct access to the bluetooth stack, if no-is theere an application layer I can execute to allow me to do so. Not a dumb question
    07-05-08 04:19 PM
    You missed the point, the question was: On the blackberry Curve -- do Jacva applications have direct access to the bluetooth stack, if no-is theere an application layer I can execute to allow me to do so. Not a dumb question
    i meant i had a dumb question... calm down
    07-05-08 04:20 PM
    Oh ok, sorry. I'm on my bb right now, otherwise I would link you, it's fairly popular for a mobuile application so you could find a description easily.
    07-05-08 04:24 PM
    ill google it
    07-05-08 04:29 PM
    K tell me if you get it to work on your bb
    07-05-08 04:53 PM
    heh, i can't find anyone who has made an application layer for the blackberry to grant java applications access to bluetooth :\
    07-05-08 07:36 PM
    heh, i can't find anyone who has made an application layer for the blackberry to grant java applications access to bluetooth :\
    ya i couldnt make it work
    07-05-08 08:30 PM
    ya i couldnt make it work
    Try installing it as a "game" that may work, I'm gonna try it on mine, i've done it with other java apps that did not work.
    07-05-08 08:42 PM
    Try installing it as a "game" that may work, I'm gonna try it on mine, i've done it with other java apps that did not work.
    what do you mean?
    i was trying to do it OTA
    07-05-08 08:44 PM
    looks like its unsupported

Blackberry doesn't support the bluetooth in java apps. I've looked all around and confirmed with RIM. Sorry.. I tried it too. =(
    07-05-08 08:54 PM
    looks like its unsupported
    ya, I'm gonna try coding an application that will just run in the background and grant apps access to the Blackberry stack.
    07-05-08 09:47 PM
    good luck!

i'm not smart enough for all that :/
    07-05-08 09:59 PM
    ya, I'm gonna try coding an application that will just run in the background and grant apps access to the Blackberry stack.
    obnauticus, did you ever get that program to work on your curve? bc i have a storm and if you did i was wondering if you could help me....a reply whould be greatly appreciated...
    08-10-09 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD