I have a user who receives email in Japanese annd need the 8320 to decode it. The 8320 is running V4.5.1.110. what is the proper procedure to get this to work for them?

Thanks everyone, BPD....
    07-28-09 04:22 PM
    Have them download and install the OS on their computer. Once the OS is installed, they can use Desktop Manager's Application Loader to add Japanese language support to their BB.

FYI, I think the OS they are looking for is 4.5.0.110
    07-28-09 04:26 PM
    Thank you, is there a manual or link that I can reference this? I have never attempted an OS upgrade a BlackBerry before.
    07-28-09 04:51 PM
    It's not really an OS upgrade, it's more like loading an application using Desktop Manager. The difference is that the application is contained within the downloaded/installed OS and not somewhere else on your computer.

You can reference this:

BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com

And look at the "Installation via BlackBerry Desktop Manager" section towards the middle of the tutorial for the screen shot of the Desktop Manager showing the Application Loader Wizard window. You will be looking for the Languages Support and checking of Japanese, along with everything else you want loaded on the BB. Then click Next and the Japanese support file will be loaded on the BB.
    07-28-09 05:01 PM
    What carrier is your friend on? I can give you a link to download the OS software.
    07-28-09 05:03 PM
    The carrier is AT&T.
    08-04-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD