What are these? I have downloaded blackberry programs that will not transfer over as applications b/c they are .jar or .jad files

Anyone know how to fix this?
    08-07-08 04:53 PM
    .jad files are for d/l and installation OTA via the native BB browser. You can't run or install them via DM (if that's what you're trying to do). You'll have to d/l the .alx file and transfer via DM.
    08-07-08 04:58 PM
    They are files/applications that one install OTA(over the air).In other words, installed via your cell phone. Alx applications are installed by the Desktop Manager. The alx files/applications are the ones you download to you PC. Hope that helps.
    08-07-08 04:59 PM
    If you have a memory card you can copy it to that, then go into Media on your BB, click menu and select explore and you can install from there.
    08-07-08 06:01 PM
    If you do not have a memory card, how would one go about installing .jad/.jar file types?
    08-10-08 08:38 AM
    Over the air or with the .alx and desktop manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 08:45 AM
    If you do not have a memory card, how would one go about installing .jad/.jar file types?
    Here are a couple of links to help you out on this.
    BlackBerry Guide: How to Install 3rd Party Applications on Your BlackBerry | BB Geeks
    Installing 3rd Party Applications | BlackBerryInsight

this was posted by Haider on pinstack
    Sorry Red, but you can downlaod and install jad files other than OTA. I am copy/pasting the instructions here:

Download the jad/jar file onto your desktop.
    Check it has the right extension by right click and check properties on the file. The download might need unzipping.
    Connect your Blackberry to Desktop Manager
    Open your Media Manager application in Desktop Manager
    In the right hand window make a new folder in My Blackberry/Device Memory/Games
    Using the right side of your media manager copy your JAD/JAR files into the folder.

You must follow EXACTLY these instructions

Open the Media application on the blackberry
    Press the left button next to the trackball
    Click explore
    Track down to Device Memory
    Press the left button next to the trackball
    Click Open
    Track down to your /Games Folder
    Press the right button next to the trackball
    Click Open
    Select the JAR file
    Select "Download"

The Application will load on to your Blackberry and is now available in your application menu.

I've also found using this method that I can load to my media card games/HTML files/Text files/PDF and read them but you must use the EXPLORE, OPEN menus to see them otherwise the Pearl does not see the files.
    I have done this previously and installed and played some cool games on my Pearl!

You can also do this by using BlueTooth but instead of using Roxio all you have to do is put the jad./jar./ and cod. files in you bluetooth exchange folder. Once you do this make sure you computer and berry are connected right click on jar. file and select send using bluetooth, you also have to go to your folder tree directory by using explore folder function. Select receive using bluetooth from menu. Track down to Device MemoryPress the left button next to the trackballClick OpenTrack down to your /Games Folder
    Press the right button next to the trackballClick OpenSelect the JAR file
    Select "Download" if dload is successful there should be a icon in your icon list, select it and enjoy.
    08-10-08 12:42 PM
    I need to make a small change in a .jad file. Can someone help me with opening the commands so I can alter? Thanks!
    09-15-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD