iTunes Plus MP3 Music Files Work with Blackberry Curve

This is a list of companies producing MP3 Music Files that are designed to work with third party portable music players such as the Blackberry Curve.
    Amazon MP3s work with BB and now add
    iTunes Plus to the list.
    Yahoo! Music does not and fails to give any notice prior to purchase that they will not work with BB, see previous warning post http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/war...ckberry-12838/.

Here is the helpful email I received from an iTunes representative:

I understand that you would like to play your iTunes Store purchases on a third-party digital-music player. My name is Steve, and I will be more then happy to help you out.

I'm pleased to let you know that you can transfer any of your iTunes Plus purchases (which are available on the iTunes Store and have a plus sign next to their price) directly to your third-party player, provided your player supports MPEG-4 AAC files (please check the player's documentation or manufacturer's website if you are unsure). For more information about iTunes Plus, please visit:

iTunes Store: iTunes Plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If your digital-music player does not support MPEG-4 AAC files, you may convert any of your iTunes Plus purchases to a format your player does support. MP3, for example, is a format that many players support. For information about converting iTunes files to different formats, please see:

iTunes: How to convert a song to a different file format

Please note that the titles on the iTunes Store that are not iTunes Plus are available in our AAC-protected format at 128 kbps. You may burn these titles to CDs--and use those CDs in the same manner as any purchased CD--as well as play them on iPod, iPhone, Apple TV, and in iTunes on up to five computers (Mac or PC).

You can also burn your purchases to an audio CD and play them on almost any CD player. For instructions for how to burn your iTunes Store purchases to an audio CD, please read the article below:

iTunes for Windows 7.5 Help - Creating your own audio CDs
    iTunes for Windows 7.5 Help: Creating your own audio CDs

If you have anymore questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this email, and I will be happy to further assist you.

Have a Great Day,

Steve
    iTunes Store Customer Support
    Apple - Support - iTunes - World Wide
    01-04-08 01:11 AM
    This is great, waiting on my curve and this answers one of my biggest questions. We've been on iTunes for at least 2 years and I was curious if I was going to be able to use anything on my BB.
    01-04-08 09:53 PM
    Many sites allow this. Just make sure any music you purchase online doesnt have DRM.
    01-04-08 09:57 PM
    I have been going nuts trying to figure this out!! Terrific Information!
    02-08-08 10:30 AM
    iTunes plus does not have much music on it, but amazon music has music that will play in all formats.
    02-08-08 12:11 PM
    Many sites allow this. Just make sure any music you purchase online doesnt have DRM.
    Correct.

Any DRM-Free music should play on the BB as long as it's a supported format.
    02-08-08 03:39 PM
    Burn the itunes music to a cd thrn rip them as mp3 (or other format) back into itunes and the drm will be gone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-08 04:24 PM
    Burn the itunes music to a cd thrn rip them as mp3 (or other format) back into itunes and the drm will be gone.

Thank you!
    02-09-08 08:07 AM
    I have also moved music to my Curve by pulling it from my documents, my music, find the file of the artist and import it into the curves music software.
    02-27-08 06:11 PM
    Get DoubleTwist, it will strip the DRM from iTunes-protected songs.

'DVD Jon' frees your media with DoubleTwist | Tech news blog - CNET News.com
    02-27-08 07:25 PM

that works but you lose some of the quality.
    02-27-08 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD