I'm having the weirdest problem. I just downloaded Desktop Manager 5, Facebook 1.6.021, and updated my blackberry 8330 software to version 4.5.0 so I'm having a problem isolating which of these upgrades is causing the issue.

I started linking my contacts on my BB to Facebook contacts, and downloading photos and birthdates etc. I had previously synced contacts and photos between my BB and Outlook (I recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 also) with no problems. After making the upgrades listed above, contact photos are present on my BB, but will not appear in Outlook. If I put a photo in outlook, it is deleted when I sync using Desktop Manager.

The opposite happens with birthdates. The dates were taken from the Facebook mobile app, synced to Outlook contacts, but now will not appear in my BB contacts. The birthdays do show up on my calender on both my BB and in Outlook, but the dates are missing from the Birthday field in the Contact app of my BB. The dates are all present in the Birthday field within Outlook contacts

Any suggestions?
    08-16-09 05:45 AM
    I have the same issue, did you find a resolution. I may go back to a previous version of DM.
    09-06-09 06:07 PM
    no, haven't found a solution yet.
    09-07-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD