Ok soo i installed my invisble shield lastnite with no troubles and i let it sit for the night. I woke up the next day to turn on my phone.... and BOOM! right away i see water spots on my screen!!!! im seriously pissed off with this. Do any of you guys know how to get rid of these water marks? help please. =S
    02-06-09 06:45 PM
    give it 24-72 hrs to go away. if they don't evaporate...get a replacement.

Id suggest a different brand, IS admits their shield for the 8900 is cut incorrectly.
    02-06-09 06:58 PM
    i tryed the dry rice thing. but it still looks the same? or do i have to keep it in there longer?
    02-06-09 06:58 PM
    ok ill let it dry out till then. man i hope it isnt like that forever.
    02-06-09 07:16 PM
    its easy to remove and water on lcd isn't a problem since its not skin and can't absorb it through osmosis.

if after 1-2 days its bad, remove it, clean the lcd and get a replacement
    02-06-09 07:45 PM
    so the water inside the screen will eventually evaporate? i hope it goes away. i even ripped off my I.S off. and the water marks are still there.
    02-06-09 07:56 PM
    i think i may of screwed up my berrys screen! damn youu I.S!
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-08-10 at 10:09 PM. Reason: profanity
    02-06-09 08:49 PM
    im not talkin about the bubbles underneath the screen protecter. im talking about that theres water spots from inside my device!
    02-06-09 08:54 PM
    so the water inside the screen will eventually evaporate? i hope it goes away. i even ripped off my I.S off. and the water marks are still there.
    are ju saying that you see water marks behind the outer lens?

edit:answered... pull the batt. and use a hair dryer to dry it out.

PS.see avatar
    Last edited by Divius1; 02-06-09 at 09:01 PM.
    02-06-09 08:57 PM
    are ju saying that you see water marks behind the outer lens?

yeah i am. Its gettin me really angry.. i have installed I.S on my old berrys and this never happened.
    02-06-09 09:00 PM
    sounds like too much solution.. and leaked through the buttons @ the edge.

G/L!
    02-06-09 09:05 PM
    yeah thats what im guessing.... im just goin to let it be for a couple days. if its still the same i guess im just stuck to go out and get another one. =\
    02-06-09 09:15 PM

PS.see avatar

hahaha thaz how im feeling right now! i miss my bb... im using a crap motorola phone as a backup right now!! AHH!
    02-06-09 09:20 PM
    This has happened to a few people on the Bold forum. There are a few posts about this, some with pics. Eventually the water will evaporate but it seems to take up to 72 hours. Probably best not to turn it on during that time.
    02-06-09 09:28 PM
    Im goin to leave it to dry for about 3 days tops... and well see if it changes... THANKS GUYS!
    02-06-09 11:51 PM
    Geezus, how much water did you use? Did you squeegie it out of there? Seriously, I can't imagine how much water you used for your installation because I felt that I used a good bit and I didn't get anywhere close to the situation you are in.
    02-06-09 11:57 PM
    Geezus, how much water did you use? Did you squeegie it out of there? Seriously, I can't imagine how much water you used for your installation because I felt that I used a good bit and I didn't get anywhere close to the situation you are in.
    Did yours work out perfect????
    02-07-09 12:14 AM
    I honestly didnt use that much. and yes i did squeeie it out. I guess it must of leaked through somehow? jusst my luck
    02-07-09 12:21 AM
    No, I have an RMA to send that sucker back. The screen part is defective and is not cut correctly.
    02-07-09 12:57 AM
    The same exact thing happened to me when I installed best skin ever. I freaked out and google searched it. Most have their phone back to normal within a couple days, mine took one day and now its fine, just needed to evaporate.

It appears these new berrys are very susceptible to water getting in the cracks at the edge of the screen. The good news is they are rather resiliant as most posts say they are all better within a short amount of time. Good luck I wish yours a quick recovery
    02-07-09 02:41 AM
    i checked today to see if its still there. and it still is. i guess i'll have to dry it out for the whole week to fully get the water gone.
    02-07-09 02:49 PM
    i checked today to see if its still there. and it still is. i guess i'll have to dry it out for the whole week to fully get the water gone.
    I would recommend taking the battery / cover off (if it isn't already) and taking a hair dryer to it from every angle. Use low heat and just keep it on for a few minutes. Try rotating the phone as well, as to spread out or dissipate the water. This will also allow the hot air to penetrate the device at more entry points.

FYI: I did a review on the BSE full body skin, it's in my sig. Used a very minimal amount of water and it turned out great.
    02-07-09 02:57 PM
    You shouldn't use a hair dryer as it may cause damage to the internals. I had the same thing happen to my Bold and it took four days before it dissappeared completely. Just be patient and she'll be back to normal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 03:03 PM
    You shouldn't use a hair dryer as it may cause damage to the internals. I had the same thing happen to my Bold and it took four days before it dissappeared completely. Just be patient and she'll be back to normal

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Really? Even if used in short intervals? If this is the case, I'm guessing the circuit boards and capacitors are not the same quality in mobile devices as they are in PC's. It should be able to withstand up to 130 degrees celcius before any damage occurs, I would think.
    02-07-09 03:10 PM
    If you go to a Invisibleshield Kiosk in the malls, they use a blow dryer on the devices to help speed the drying process.
    02-07-09 03:14 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD