Hi I just brought a bb 8900 on vodafone had it unlocked to tmobile but the Internet is not working. I rang tmobile and got a data plan registered my email accounts and got sent all the service book entries but it still didint work. I then rang tmobile again and went through loads of steps of wiping the phone and things. I can't seam to recive the web and walk icon and it just says the browser has no service book entries when it clearly does. Tmobile are stuck and so am I so any help would be very much appreciated
    thanks
    09-16-09 12:07 PM
    Hi I just brought a bb 8900 on vodafone had it unlocked to tmobile but the Internet is not working. I rang tmobile and got a data plan registered my email accounts and got sent all the service book entries but it still didint work. I then rang tmobile again and went through loads of steps of wiping the phone and things. I can't seam to recive the web and walk icon and it just says the browser has no service book entries when it clearly does. Tmobile are stuck and so am I so any help would be very much appreciated
    thanks
    Not sure what "web and walk icon" is... can you explain???

Next, try Options>Advanced options>Host routing table>Press menu key>register now... you should get one email if this was successful.

Then log into T-Mobile's website and resend your Service Books... you should get one email for every email address you have if it is working.

FYI: Blackberry Data Plans usually take a day or two to activate... how long has it been since you requested this???
    09-16-09 12:20 PM
    Hi the web and walk icon is what tmobile tried to send me when I couldn't get the phone working. It's usually preloaded on tmobile phones and you use it to access the Internet.
    I've tried resending the service books and the tmobile operator done this as well. Also I have the emails come through saying there registered.

The only thing I can think of is that vodafone programs arnt allowing it to work, as it was originally from vodafone and not tmobile.
    Also I can't access the internet with wireless either the broswer says the same thing.
    I've had the data plan a few days now so I guess it could be that.
    Thanks for the reply
    09-16-09 12:42 PM
    Did you try doing a battery pull??? Leave your device on, pull the battery for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait for your device to boot up.

If you get your device unlocked... I'm guessing your phone works as a phone... that's all the unlock will do.

When you call T-Mobile are you asking for a Blackberry Rep??? Sometimes they have been known to put the wrong data plan on someone's account.
    09-16-09 12:47 PM
    Hi just done the battery pull with no change.
    Yea the phone works great as a phone but that's it, I've been getting my emails though which seams odd as I can't reply to them.

When I was speaking to tmobile they put me on to a blackberry rep so they must have known what they was doing.

If it helps I've noticed that in the advanced option, browser the default browser configuration has nothing there.
    09-16-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD