Why is the browser different on the curve the then the tour? Is there anyway to view the real websites on Tour instead of the mobile ones or not the same exact websites? Please help
    08-07-09 05:31 PM
    Different in what way?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 06:20 PM
    It's a different OS? tour is 5.0 and curve is 4.5
    08-07-09 06:29 PM
    Doesn't the Tour still have the native bb browser?

08-07-09 08:58 PM
    If you wanna view pc/full sites then get the Bolt Browser and wait for Skyfire browser to come out.

08-07-09 09:30 PM
    Opera mini works well, web pages look like normal webpages on my curve.
    08-07-09 09:43 PM
    In the browser configuration for the curve 8330 (sprint) can any one tell me what the emulation setting should be?
    08-08-09 01:05 AM
    what are the bolt browser and skyfire?
    08-08-09 08:39 AM
    i cant view the websites as how they would be on a normal computer..any suggestions
    08-08-09 08:40 AM
    what are the bolt browser and skyfire?
    Not for sure about the skyfire, but I use Bolt and is an excellent internet browser. Just like Firefox or all the rest. Full screen web pages that you can scroll up down and if the page is too wide, scroll to the right and left.

It is free and is still in Beta but works great. Here's a link to the download site: Bolt Browser - Download

Hope this helps...
    08-08-09 08:43 AM
    i cant view the websites as how they would be on a normal computer..any suggestions
    I have not seen the Tour Browser, but it is safe to assume any changes will be evolutionary.

I suspect your Browser default is Column view. That is optimized for mobile content, but it does rearrange a typical http web page.

Select the Page view, that will preserve the formatting, but there will still be some differences.

Frames are used to display additional content, usually advertising. Frames and their content are removed by the BIS servers, you will not see that content.

Browser plug-ins, like Adobe Flash are not supported.
    08-08-09 11:17 AM
    Try Opera Mini, it shows webpages zoomed out and you can moved the view area around, and then click to zoom in. Works well enough for me, and I'm extremely cautious about apps I install.
    08-08-09 09:10 PM
    Try Opera Mini, it shows webpages zoomed out and you can moved the view area around, and then click to zoom in. Works well enough for me, and I'm extremely cautious about apps I install.
    Yes, I gave it a try today and really like this one also. Think I like Opera Mini a little better than the Bolt Browser. Both are good, but I like that Zoom in and out feature.

And I did try the Page/Column view on the BB Browser, but I was already in Page view. Did help me to look at the full page though. Thanks for the Tip...
    08-08-09 09:37 PM
    Maybe it's the difference in OS?
    08-08-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD