My BB Curve 8310 decided to stop working today. It started by restarting itself while it was in my pocket, right after I set an alarm. After it got restarted, it kept having SIM card errors, and then it finally fully started up and got signal. Then I put it back into my pocket, and it restarted itself again! When it started up, it didn't even give me the option to input my code, it just says Initialization F... at the top, and SOS in the signal meter. Before I got it started back up originally, I tried multiple battery pulls. It is a T-Mobile 8310 from Germany, unlocked. I am currently using it on AT&T. I started using it last Thursday, after my other BB broke. Before I started using it, i wiped the handheld, and updated it from 4.2 using the instructions in the sticky for 8310. After updating, the setup wizard had some sort of an error, so I set everything up manually (emails, etc). It has worked perfectly fine until today.

ALT+SHIFT+H says:
    Platform 2.7.0.92
    App Version 4.5.0.124 (174)
    File Free: 24779160 Bytes

Any ideas on how to fix this? I am leaving on a vacation for a few days tomorrow, and I really need my phone. Thanks!
    06-28-09 09:03 PM
    Have you recently installed and new software on the phone? If so, remove it and see how the phone works. If not, I would upgrade to the latest software for your curve.
    06-28-09 09:12 PM
    Ok so I wiped the handheld with JL_cmdr and installed 4.5.0.110 from AT&T and it seems to be working so far. We'll see how long it lasts. I guess I will need to update it to something else soon, thats the newest one from ATT right now?
    06-28-09 10:42 PM
    .110 is the latest for AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD