Hey guys,

I copied my info from my Sim Card on my i876 to my Blackberry, but, now, I don't have complete names. For instance, "Angie Martin" became "Angie Mart." That happened with all of my contacts. Can I fix that?

Also, since I now have a Blackberry, I'd like to get complete info, such as birthday, address, email, etc, onto my BB. If I am correct, that will not store in my sim card, right? How do I back such information up? Will it Sync with my Outlook, or will I need to get a different Computer based Contacts program?

Thanks.

Jeremy
    08-26-09 04:43 PM
    it will sync with outlook, and also if you installed the blackberry desktop manager (dm) it will back just about everything up......

as for you names, if i remember correctly mine did the same thing, i just went in and edited each and every one....

or you can try to copy your sim over to you bb again
    08-26-09 05:26 PM
    The i876 use one line for names where the 8350i uses two line the first being the first name the second being the last name. You will need to edit each contact to correct. As for the the rest B-day and the like use the DM and back up that way you will make sure to have it all. All though it should remain on the sim card.
    08-26-09 08:31 PM
    I also had truncated names on my contacts and had to go through and fix them individually.

Google sync also works very well, both to your gmail account and to the blackberry! Updates your calendar and contacts in a flash!
    08-26-09 09:28 PM
    How does google sync work
    08-26-09 10:23 PM
    How does google sync work
    I'm using Google Sync on my 8350i and it works flawlessly! It sends me an email every day at 4:45 am to tell me my agenda for the day. It will also update your Contacts on your Blackberry if you have the option selected. So, it will save your Gmail address book to the Blackberry!

Just a quick tip for you when syncing for the first time. If you have calendar events already on your Blackberry, those will not be updated on your Gmail calendar. Only new entries will be updated, but if you add a new event on your Gmail calendar, then it updates on your Blackberry the next time you sync.

Here is some info to get you started!

Google Sync Info!!!

08-27-09 04:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD