Today I noticed that incoming calls do not show the person callings name.

They are in my contacts, any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 01:53 PM
    There are a couple of 3rd party apps that do this... I only know of Aeize Alerts... you might find some others if you search.
    07-27-09 02:06 PM
    You shouldn't need a 3rd party app- when my phone rings and it's someone in my contacts, their name (and picture) show up.

Maybe you need to resend your service books?
    07-27-09 02:16 PM
    It seems to have fixed itself, I just got a call and it was fine. Sorry to bother everyone.

07-27-09 03:14 PM
    hhhmmmm, I was just thinking of this yesterday. Wifey called from home, and the number popped up, but no picture, and no name, yet 20 mins later she called from her cell and it worked just fine. Wonder if it's a fixable bug, or a setting I have off somewhere?

Could having a 1 in front of the home number in the contacts have something to do with it? Since the Caller ID places a one there, I wonder if it has to line up directly?
    07-28-09 10:19 AM
    Having 1 or not doesn't matter. The phone recognizes its the same number and it should show up mormally. I haven't had any problems with it yet so not too sure and I have a good hand full of apps.

07-28-09 12:52 PM
    Found this little bit o' gold that definately fixed my problem.

About content protection
    Content protection is designed to encrypt your BlackBerry® device data. When content protection is turned on, your device uses a private key to encrypt data as it is stored on the device, including data that your device receives when it is locked. Your device decrypts data as you access it.

You can set content protection to include or exclude your contacts. If you turn on content protection for contacts and you receive a call when the device is locked, the caller name does not appear on the screen.

When you lock your device, an open lock indicator appears in the device status section of the screen to indicate that your device is deleting a copy of the private key from the temporary device memory. A lock indicator appears when the device has deleted the key.

So I also found in the content protection screens where you can exclude the contacts if you want to fix the name showing issue. Just set "Include Contacts" to "NO" If your not willing to make that change, then the contacts will continue to not show up if the phone is locked.
    08-13-09 02:05 PM
    I was having the same issue with contact info, checked my content protection and my contacts were included. I'll check "no" and see what happens. Thanks for the info.
    08-13-09 03:02 PM
    just need to reset it...l had da same issue after l reset it its fine
    08-13-09 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD